Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GHudston

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2011
I am currently clinging to my savings and crossing every appendage that this turns out to be the case and I can finally put a 6970 in this thing!

mulo

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2010
Behind you
It's not a matter of support, the cards must have efi instructions for them to work, drivers is the easy part

beto2k7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
::1
It's not a matter of support, the cards must have efi instructions for them to work, drivers is the easy part

Someone more educated on this will correct me but afaik ati cards have something extra on their rom that make them work with OSX. Unlike nvidia. I believe.

mulo

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2010
Behind you
Someone more educated on this will correct me but afaik ati cards have something extra on their rom that make them work with OSX. Unlike nvidia. I believe.

i take it this means AMD is already shipping with EFI roms on their cards, preparing for the future i guess, bios is vastly outdated.

iDemiurge

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2011
Portugal
I know this is me being my optimistic self again. But since the 6xxx are unlikely to show up in the iMac update, doesn't it mean the MP might get a smaller spec bump before Sandy Bridge Xeons are released? And that even before Lion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.