Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Over the past day, a pair of analyst reports have suggested that Apple's second-generation iPad and fifth-generation iPhone will see their launches delayed beyond their previously-planned windows, due in part to design changes and other "issues" with production.

But according to The Loop's Jim Dalrymple, these claims are simply untrue. While Dalrymple is careful to note that he doesn't know when the next-generation versions of Apple's popular iOS devices will ship, he says that any claims that Apple is experiencing internal "delays" are false and that everything is on time according to Apple's schedule.
From what I've heard this morning both products are on schedule and will ship when they are supposed to. Only Apple knows exactly when that will be, but the products are not delayed.
Reuters is also reporting that claims of iPad delays are "not true".

114523-reuters_ipad_delays.jpg

In his report, Dalrymple goes on to note the phenomenon of "delays" for products that haven't even been announced. Consequently, it is important to differentiate between the expectations of the media and customers, which are widely discussed, and those of Apple's internal plans, which are much less well-known.
It seems amazing that rumors of Apple missing product deadlines are running rampant when Apple hasn't even announced the product yet. The only deadlines that have been set are by the media, not Apple.

Having said that, the iPhone 5 and iPad 2 are not delayed.
Many observers have been looking forward to an iPad release in the same March-April timeframe seen last year, with the next-generation iPhone set to follow in its usual June-July launch window, and it appears that Apple may yet meet those external targets.

Article Link: Rumors of iPhone 5, iPad 2 'Delays' Called Untrue

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
Not surprising

When have analysts ever really known what's going on? They just seem to make stuff up at random in attempts to keep themselves in a job.

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
Many observers have been looking forward to an iPad release in the same March-April timeframe seen last year, with the next-generation iPhone set to follow in its usual June-July launch window, and it appears that Apple may yet meet those external targets.

Well, that's not necessarily true. All the article claims is that there are no "delays" and that everything is progressing according to schedule. But who's to say that Apple's schedule for iPhone 5 isn't September?

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
Now even the rumors have rumors!

Come on.... let's announce for goodness sake!!!!!

:) Can't wait to hear what's coming for real!

MACiVoy

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2011
SWEET!

A rumor about a rumor..

This site gets more and more interesting daily..

Who really cares about these "delays" anyway, it will come out when it comes out...enjoy what you have until then..

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
When have analysts ever really known what's going on? They just seem to make stuff up at random in attempts to keep themselves in a job.

Analysts that actually have sources in China about manufacturing capacity are potentially believable, however it's always about a track record of truth needed so that people will believe them and buy their full reports. This came out of left field by a group with no track record and I am surprised that it was picked up so much.

Which of course leads me to this point, common sense is the best analyst of all.

Kentochan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Virginia, USA
And from what I know, there isn't much of a reason to even consider delaying the two iOS devices. We, as consumers, are waiting for them, and it'd be more logical to release the second iPad and the fifth iPhone during the current barrage of tablets and smartphones to compete with other manufacturers.

Newfiebill

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Apple shares are down $7.91, or 2.3%, at $342.65.
I guess their BS story about the delay is going to make someone big bucks.
The World we live in really STINKS sometimes....!

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Apple shares are down $7.91, or 2.3%, at $342.65.
I guess their BS story about the delay is going to make someone big bucks.
The World we live in really STINKS sometimes....!

People are jealous that they didn't buy AAPL stock when it was really low. So now on to the negative rumors to drag their stock down so they can buy in. Apple products are selling and will continue to sell in record numbers nothing to worry about here.

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
Delay is subjective.

Being the devil's advocate, if Apple planned on releasing the new iPhone and/or iPad in September then it's self-explanatory that there's no "delay".

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2008
That's what I am talking about! How can it be delayed when it was never announced yet?

Exactly! For all we know it could have been "delayed" 19 times already...internally to Apple...but until Apple makes a Press Release/Announcement promising a data AND THEN ANOTHER statement stating a delay, there is no delay.

However, I would be very surprised if the iPad 2.0 is not out on the streets by June 1...the tablet vendors are trying very hard to 1-up the iPad so the longer Apple sits on it's duff with iPad 1.0, the more chances of a cooler non-Apple tablet hitting the street before iPad 2.0.

And...the iPad 2.0 better have more updates than just a camera and a .00001" thinner shell. I want more storage (for less money), more built-in apps (why no Calculator for example?!...or simple games like my 3 year old iPod Classic), Facetime ability, and a place to store/file my files such as PDFs, Word Docs, Excel, and a better display...I feel like I am viewing websites at 640x480 from 1991.

swarmster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2004
These dubious, rapid-fire rumours coming out of analysts will only increase as more of them realize how easy it is to manipulate AAPL.

sdpics

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
A good example of a delay would be the white iPhone 4....this story however misses

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Well, that's not necessarily true. All the article claims is that there are no "delays" and that everything is progressing according to schedule. But who's to say that Apple's schedule for iPhone 5 isn't September?

The rumour claimed that there were delays because of some manufacturing problem, and these delays don't exist. What you say now is based on nothing whatsoever. Apple hasn't made any statement saying that the company won't close down tomorrow, so it is possible that they close down tomorrow, right? That might be their schedule, make money until they reach $50 bn, and then close down and return the money to the share holders?

Seriously, we are going now from rumours to vague possibilities.

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
I know this is a rumor site so MR is only doing it's job when reporting about delays. However does every bit of info from these so called analyst need to be front page news? The whole iPad delay info came from some source no one has even heard of and yet there it is on the front page. These things need to be placed on page 2 until a more credible source can back it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.