Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jm12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
I have tried numerous cases and have not found one yet that I really like. I want to go carry the phone without a case, but wanted some protection (keys, coins in my pocket, etc).

Is everyone who wants this just using an Invisible Shield or Body Guards? Is anyone using a different setup?

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
DO NOT place iPhone 4 in pocket...yuh just don't do it.

Be responsible, buy a holster. You'll never have to reach and dig for your phone again. I hate carrying devices in my pocket when they belong on my waste line and I can depend on muscle memory, rather than fumbling.

We gun people have a big appreciation for specified holsters rather than just throwing a gun in our pockets. It's just sensible.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
A holster isn't very stylish anymore Cheeto. Sorry bud.

1_holster.jpg

I have tried numerous cases and have not found one yet that I really like. I want to go carry the phone without a case, but wanted some protection (keys, coins in my pocket, etc).

Is everyone who wants this just using an Invisible Shield or Body Guards? Is anyone using a different setup?

How about putting it in an empty pocket? That's what I've always done....

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
use a sleeve of some sort. I'm using one right now other than the fact that my sleeve is a little too thick and a little too big it fits int eh pocket fine and i can use my iphone without an ugly case.

BUT i still got some scratches on the antenna part, due to my own carelessness like the edge catching on glass tables, wearing rings etc. so there is no way to protect against stuff like that unless you wear a case

peteisanidiot

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
DO NOT place iPhone 4 in pocket...yuh just don't do it.

Be responsible, buy a holster. You'll never have to reach and dig for your phone again. I hate carrying devices in my pocket when they belong on my waste line and I can depend on muscle memory, rather than fumbling.

We gun people have a big appreciation for specified holsters rather than just throwing a gun in our pockets. It's just sensible.

Batman?

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
No. People that throw their phones in purses and pockets and then dig around like Zoolander pulling his briefs off under his pants look like tools.

One double-pouch pocket and two holsters goes a long way, in my case. That's only 3 belt-worn items. The pocket, my iPhone, and either a pistol or more recently a taser. What more could one need? With a pocket, I don't have to empty and refill my pants with common items every day, either.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Dale Gribble would be proud, erm, I mean Rusty Shackleford.

Seriously, there are some nice horizontal holsters that flow with your belt line and some have clips rather than loops, so you don't even need a belt.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Naked iPhone 3G in one pocket alone and happy while keys (hooked to pocket opening) and chapstick are in the other. Paper items and dreadful coins go in the opposite back pocket than my buttoned wallet pocket.

And sunglasses in cargo pocket if equipped.

Holsters are good for working people and suits WITH a jacket. Without a jacket it looks tacky, IMHO.

Blaenk

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
I have a SwitchEasy Nude, clear, which seems to work well for a situation such as this. Don't expect much in terms of impact protection though, although I dropped it from about 5 feet earlier this morning and nothing happened.

When I first opened this thread I thought it was going to be a joke about how you wiped flubber all over your iPhone haha.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
You mean a coat... I wear a leather coat, not a jacket, and yeah it does make a difference, appearance-wise.

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
I'm using a sunglass drawstring pouch, made of microfiber so it cleans my phone too :) got it free at the mall

johnnybgood15

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2003
Sorry no offense but wearing any pouch, holster, belt attachment makes you look like a DB. It doesent matter what you wear, casual or dressy, you still look like a DB. Holsters, belt clips fall into the same fashion segment as fanny packs, pocket protectors, and those "mc hammer" pants all equally douchey. If your the one arguing for these items, chances are your the one who looks like a DB.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Your? You mean "you're?"

You realize DB's are A&F muscle-shirt and socks-with-sandals-wearing tools that walk with their chest out like they're smuggling grapes... I would hardly compare that to Tron Guy, who MUST wear a fanny pack.

I guess you can say you tried, if deceiving yourself makes you feel better =\

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I highly recommend the ghost armor product. Similiar to invisible shield with much less orange peel to the point of it almost seeming not even being there. I chose the matte finish for the back. I went to a kiosk at a nearby mall where the employees installed the skin. The matte choice only has the back skin matte. The sides also are. The front is similar to the crystal screen protector. Almost seems that it's not there at times. Very light finger prints also. By far my favorite screen protector and skin for the rest of the body.

qckslvrsiete

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
I believe cell phone holsters are okay as long as they come with a child whom you yourself have fathered.

orkyz!

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2010
i go with the SGP ultra matte films + the incase snap clear case that u get for free. So far this setup is great, i don't have to worry about my phone getting scratched, slipping out of my pocket, etc. i havn't dropped my phone yet, but i don't think my phone would crack when dropped at a safe distance

fadethreeblack

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
Your? You mean "you're?"

You realize DB's are A&F muscle-shirt and socks-with-sandals-wearing tools that walk with their chest out like they're smuggling grapes... I would hardly compare that to Tron Guy, who MUST wear a fanny pack.

I guess you can say you tried, if deceiving yourself makes you feel better =\

When someone uses grammar correcting in an argument, you know that's his last resort. I dont know why you're pushing for belt holsters, clearly many of us think it looks terrible, I dont care if you use it.

But I agree with others, belt holsters are not good looking imo nor do they serve better than an empty pocket

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
When someone uses grammar correcting in an argument, you know that's his last resort.

LUL. Nice try, but "reaching" for correlations as evidence to bolster your claims is child's play. What's next? "The reason you lash out at society is very apparently a result of your grandmother having been born under a bad sign and General Mills discontinuing the blue diamond marshmallows in their Lucky Charms. Have you ever considered bloodletting?"

Hah. But seriously, I'm bored of this. Nobody here seems to be capable of participating in the fun.

Don't cram stuffs in j00r pawkuts when jur iPhone is all in dere, brü. Nuffs=nuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.