Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Will you be able to open the iPhone apps full screen by default, without always having to press the "times 2" button? Its not a big deal if your going to play a racing game for an hour, but if you just wanna jump in and check facebook or tweetie 2 for a second, pressing that times 2 button will get quite annoying!

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK
I haven't seen any evidence either way but I would be amazed if the state of the "x2" button wasn't remembered.

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I'm not sure of this, but I seem to remember from one of the hands on articles I read after the announcement that you could set it to save the state you were in, native resolution or 2x.

I really hope that is the case since you are right, if you are using an iphone app alot on the ipad, you wouldn't want to have to press 2x everytime you open it.

Also, I wonder why Apple even included the native resolution option, since I doubt anyone would use an iphone app without the 2x, since its so small!

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
Off topic but I have a feeling that Facebook iPad is going to be insanely awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.