Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
well i downloaded and installed DarwinPorts so i could play openMortal. well everything is good now and i'm enjoying the game very much! :D

but now a friend of mine wants to get it as well... except that he's not so cluey with Terminal and i don't think he'd be too thrilled at the fact that he'd have to download/install DarwinPorts.

so i'm wondering - is there a way to get DP and openMortal onto another Mac without the internet and standard install procedure?

even better would be to find a way to get openMortal running on another Mac just like a regular application (without the need for DarwinPorts, or any other stuff like that.)

anyone who can help me out with this? any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i think you might have mis-read my post. he he. :)

i'm talking about the game OpenMortal: http://openmortal.sourceforge.net/.

you need DarwinPorts, or Fink to download it and install it (i think). could someone please help me understand if it is possible to DL and use OpenMortal without using Terminal, or DP?

sorry if i'm not explaining it well... it's getting late here. :p just ask if you need clarification.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
well maybe i should have titled the thread as 'installing OpenMortal as a stand alone app'.

so does anyone know if it's possible?

could i just get the source and compile it on someone else's computer? anyone know if it's got any other dependencies or stuff like that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.