Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Hey everyone - the new iPad case for the iPad 2 was just released by Saddleback Leather company: http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/130-iPad-2-Case

I have several of their products, including the case for the original iPad and I can attest that they are extremely well-made. The leather is very high-quality and although a more rugged look, it's also very classic and not trendy. I've been looking at some of the other sites with iPad cases and most of them are so cheesy, using faux leather that smells weird, it's just not worth it.

Try Saddleback - you won't be disappointed!!

Sandy

vynn

macrumors member
May 18, 2010
very nice but I'm already disappointed that the leather on the front comes right up to the edge of the touch screen

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
very nice but I'm already disappointed that the leather on the front comes right up to the edge of the touch screen

You know, I thought that it would bother me too however on my current iPad cover from SBL, it's cut so perfectly that it never obscures my view of anything that I need to do on the screen.

For other cases with man-made materials I'm less inclined to look aside their cases that have strange tabs or methods of holding the ipad in place. I really like the SBL version since it's so sturdy and protects the iPad so well.

And the smell of the leather is wonderful...

Wiggum

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
Looks real nice.... send me one and I'll do a YouTube/MacRumors/Engadget review ;)

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007

You're right. I'll never buy another case that covers the bezel. Although the leather doesn't cover any of the bezel when using your finger to touch the screen at the very edge it touches the case. Not something I like.

vynn

macrumors member
May 18, 2010
You know, I thought that it would bother me too however on my current iPad cover from SBL, it's cut so perfectly that it never obscures my view of anything that I need to do on the screen.

One advantage is for people that bought a white ipad when they realize that the white border is distracting when watching a movie, your case in black would cover up the white nicely. :)

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
One advantage is for people that bought a white ipad when they realize that the white border is distracting when watching a movie, your case in black would cover up the white nicely. :)

I wanted the white but this is the reason I chose to purchase black.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
too much leather on the face - may be real leather and smell good, but leather on the face makes it look old and a traditional design...

MichaelVain

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
I have a Saddleback briefcase, wallet, macbook pro 17" case and I ordered the ipad 2 case. My wife also has a bunch of Saddleback.

I can tell you that they are a quality company and the products are outstanding. I can understand that some people don't like this kind of case, I myself am a bit disappointed that there's no magnet to auto on/off like the Smartcover.

However, for anyone who wants a quality leather piece, this will be hard to beat.

If you are a leather aficionado, you probably already know about Saddleback. If you are like me and like different types of cases, give this a try.

I plan on getting an Otterbox when they are released as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.