Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoolGuy9890

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
I have a web-based business software that I use for work and it uses the font “Century Gothic” in its main interface. Since it is not a built in font in macOS High Sierra, I downloaded the font from the internet. When I upgraded to Safari 12 on my MacBook Pro 2017 TouchBar, I realized that the font I installed, Century Gothic, was not working.

I then checked if it was still installed in Font Book (and it was there) and tested it with apps like Pages (and it works there too) so I know that the actual font is still working. Now, I only see the font used is just regular serif, which is kinda not pleasing to see.

Is anybody also seeing a problem like this with user-installed fonts in Safari 12? Upgrading to macOS Mojave did nothing. I’ve also tried this with iOS 12 and it also has this problem with user-installed fonts via a profile. I also tried to create a simple HTML file that used the font, and it had the problem too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.