Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gtkriz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2015
Since a few months I am experiencing difficulties with Safari when going to amazon.de - on all my Macs. Safari is just freezing, sometimes "clear cache" helps (but not always). Amazon itself sees no problem on their side, there are also no other users experiencing this.

So right now I can't order or look at anything on amazon.de, I always get the SWOD. It might be of interest that amazon.com as well as amazon.co.uk are both working fine on my machines.

Anyone can offer some help here... I have a feeling it has something to do with the cache.

Thanks!

Kissmyne

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
I've had an issue with Safari freezing over the last few days... on a particular website... much the same as your issue. The solution I applied(and can verify worked for my Safari browsers issue) is I launched Safari while holding Shift(, then quit Safari, then went to ~/Library/Caches using the Go To Folder command(CMD+SHFT+G), and then deleted the following files
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 1.34.24 PM.png

after which I restarted the computer.. and no longer had problems(FYI please make sure you quit out of safari first).

Keep in mind that a restart is necessary as the final step. Hope this helps you with your computers issues :)

FYI I completed these steps on a 11,3 Macbook Pro running OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.