Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crazy-Horse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
N. Ireland & Bristol, UK
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, just got my blackbook last week (first mac, loving it!), and wondering if anyone could offer me some advice with a Safari-related problem...

While most websites (or the ones I frequent regularly) work fine, certain pages (eg. Amazon UK, MySpace) display:

"Safari can’t open the page “http://www.amazon.co.uk/” because it could not connect to the server “www.amazon.co.uk”."

This has only started to occur in the past few days. I've tried clearing the cache, and Reset Safari, also tried deleting the preferences file, but to no avail. Also I don't seem to have any Safari plugins installed (or there aren't any in the plugins folder at least). Also, I've used the Macbook with two different wireless spots, and the problem remains unchanged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Crazy-Horse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
N. Ireland & Bristol, UK
I just downloaded Firefox (Safari couldn't open the Mozilla homepage, had to download the app from a third-party website!) and it seems to have the same problems as Safari. No Amazon UK, no MySpace (etc). I'm at a loss :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.