Safari not loading some pages

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by prasenberg, Jan 21, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a weird problem with Safari that has been bugging me. At seemingly random times it doesn't load a page. Usually it is the second page of a website I visit. This means that the homepage (www.cnn.com for example) loads fine. But when I click on a link on the page (to go to sports or politics), it starts loading and then does nothing. Like this:

[​IMG]

The New York Times often doesn't load at all. I have no problems at all with some other sites, like wikipedia or Macrumors. Firefox and Camino do not have these problems.

The problem started when I was still running Tiger and Safari 2 on my MacBook. I since started using a MacBook Pro and moved all my data and settings with the Migration Assistant. The MacBook Pro runs Leopard, but Safari 3.0 has exactly the same problem as Safari 2 had on my Macbook. I tried the following:

- repair permissions
    - removed all cookies and set my preferences to accept all cookies
    - cleared cache
    - manually removed the .plist-files for Safari from the Library

All to no avail. When I log in using the built-in Guest Account on my MacBook Pro, Safari runs fine.

Any suggestions are very welcome, as I really like Safari. I prefer it over both Firefox and Camino.

2. macrumors G3

clevin

does "reset" help?

just to be sure, firefox has no such problem for you?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried reset, but the problem persists. Yes, Firefox runs fine, as do all other browsers. Safari also runs fine when logged in with the Guest Account.

4. macrumors newbie

Confirmed!

I'm seeing the same issue. I've swapped out firewall/router, reset switches, changed DNS, etc.

All with the same results.

Firefox works fine.