Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

videonastie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2003
I have been using Safari, since the start, but the lastest update, is causing me a major problem. When I visit a site the text goes all graffiti & unreadable. For example, I go onto eBay & type in a search & the font that displays my searches has gone this way. Has anyone else experienced this, if so can & how do you change it?

P.S I've already been into the preferences, something is overriding it. I've also re-installed it???

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
you would want to be deleting the preference files in your /user/$myhomedirectory/Library/......

you could also try in the 'Safari' drop-down menu of safari. 'Reset Safari'

that might be enough. if you're having trouble looking for the preferences files, just do a search for 'safari' in your home directories Library folder and delete the .plist files...

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
What exactly is 'reset Safari' ?

Thanks!

Originally posted by melchior
you would want to be deleting the preference files in your /user/$myhomedirectory/Library/......

you could also try in the 'Safari' drop-down menu of safari. 'Reset Safari'

that might be enough. if you're having trouble looking for the preferences files, just do a search for 'safari' in your home directories Library folder and delete the .plist files...

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
reset safari does the following (at least):

wipes cookies
wipes cache
clears forms and all autofill
clear history

it may clear the preferences too but i am unsure - as uber power geek user i dont ever use such a function - i do it myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.