Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I still cant understand the problem with safari...when i try and copy a picture, lets say on google image search.. into word or any other program.. it wont work.. I right click, just like on any computer, and then hit copy image, not copy image adress, and all it ever does it past the adress, its annoying for me to always have to save it to my desktop lol.. am i doing something wrong>

super_kev

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
USofA
Can you give me an example? What version of Safari are you using? And what do you want to paste the image into?

super_kev

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
USofA
You know, neither you or I read his question correctly. I actually put your answer down first when I initially started typing, but that's not what he's asking. He wants to copy an image into word from Safari. He can download the image fine, but why download it and then insert it into Word when you can just copy it in Safari and paste it into Word?

I can copy and paste just fine into TextEdit (Word is cranky right now... says I have some corrupt fonts... I'll restart the computer later) so have you tried to see if TextEdit works? It might be an issue with Word...

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
You cannot copy a pic from safari directly into word (at least not that I know of). Drag the pic from safari to the desktop. Then drag the icon of that pic into word.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Im sorry for not being clear. I want to copy a picture from the web, into a document in word, but i guess you just answered my question. Why isnt there a feature to paste it directly into word or something? I used to do it all the time on pc. For example, lets say im doing a report on macrumors, and i want to put the macrumors logo in the report, so why cant i just right click the jpg, and hit copy, and open up word, then paste it.

super_kev

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
USofA
jer446 said:
...Why isnt there a feature to paste it directly into word or something?...

Three little words... "Word is lame". :p

Seriously though, that's the only explaination I have. Unless there's a preference somewhere that you have to toggle to paste the image instead of the image address (which I can't find)... :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.