Safari: Random Homepages?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tropical Wilson, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Tropical Wilson macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2013
    Hi, what I would like to do is have new tabs and windows load of with a random page from a predetermined list.

Eg I want reddit, digg or google news to come up each time - I don't want to see the same thing every time.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks
  2. Tropical Wilson thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2013
    I've not found anything yet so far.

Is wanting a randomised selection for the homepage not something people have ever wanted?

Is there a smarter way to be doing it? I hope for some thoughts on the matter!
  3. Weaselboy, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

Weaselboy macrumors Core

Jan 23, 2005
    I have not seen way to launch a random page, but there are sites like this that will take you to a random page when you click the image.
  4. Tropical Wilson thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2013
    Thanks for the response. What I'm looking for is something that will let me set a pool of pages eg reddit, digg, facebook, google news, twitter.

Guess it's not a significant enough a feature for anyone to have implemented
  5. hboon macrumors newbie

Feb 11, 2009
    Make a web page with some Javascript that randomly redirects to 1 of the page out of a list you created. Configure Safari to use that page as the homepage.