Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukasamd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2016
Hello,
I have MBP 15 2015 (with latest High Sierra version), iPhone 7 and iPad 4 Mini (both iOS 11 in latest version) and use Safair on all devices. The reading list syncing in Safari has not been running for some time. Bookmars - fine, history - fine, but reading list.. no - it works perfectly between iPhone and iPad, but not on Mac. System is fresh, installed about week ago, clean installation didn't resolve this issue.

trabera

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'm having this same issue. In fact, I cannot add any new items to the reading list on my Mac. If I add something, it will add to the list and then strongly just disappear.

auntyj

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
I'm having this same issue. In fact, I cannot add any new items to the reading list on my Mac. If I add something, it will add to the list and then strongly just disappear.

Hi,

I don't suppose you've accidentally clicked "show unread" at the bottom of the reading list? I did this today and had exactly the same experience you're describing - I'd add the site to the reading list, it would show up, and then disappear. I'm sure you've figured out your problem in the last 6 months, but I just saw your question and thought just in case, I'd throw in my two cents.

trabera

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Huh. I'm guessing that's what happened. It suddenly fixed itself a while ago and I never figured out why. It must have been this. Well I'll have this info if ever faced with that again. Thank you for the tip!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.