Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happy123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I have a web form that displays&behaves correctly in IE, Mozilla, Netscape, etc. In Safari, the form displays, but after enterring text in any textbox and taking the focus off that textbox (moving cursor), the page redirects to another random page. Has anyone encountered anything slightly similar? The site is asp based, with css. Thanks.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Can you post a link to eliminate the possibility that it's an idiosyncracy on your computer(s) rather than a Safari issue? If it's on the public internet that is.... or else post some code?

happy123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I do not have access to Mac, so I'm designing blindly. I will try to get a screen shot so that I can then isolate and post the code specific to the problem.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Mmm, okay.

I'm just thinking out loud here. But there are very limited possibilities about why you are getting re-directed on a focus change. There are really only a few mechanisms (such as JavaScript) that are capable of doing this, right? So it should not be hard to isolate.

Now when you say random page, do you mean a random page on the public internet, or a random page in your site? The former would be really, really strange.

Have you run your code through a validator?

happy123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Yes, they are random pages on our site. I assume it is random. I should be getting access to a mac at some point next week to see if it is indeed random. I've ran the style sheet through a validator, but none of the results displayed any obvious red flags. Getting access to that mac should clear up some of the vagueness. The form does have javascript validation. Thanks, the javascript would be a great starting point.

happy123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I was able to solve the random link/form field issue.

The other remaining issue involves div alignment. The page contains javascript which resizes 3 parallel columns to have identical heights. This javascript uses window.onload=function(){...}. My research has made clear Safari does not yet handle onload, however I haven't found any clear workaround.

Thom_Edwards

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2003
care to share what the fix was for the random link/form field issue?

and i see you started a new thread concerning window.onload. since you posted code there, i'll put in my $.02 there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.