Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riku7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
I feel like suddenly every website has implemented this feature.
I'm on a Mac Pro 5,1 with Yosemite on an SSD and the internet connection download measured around 30-40Mbps on average. But ever since that feature started spreading like cancer, it's just basically made the whole internet experience unbearable. It's just not fun at all anymore.
I find that I have to constantly wait needlessly for the page to load because things don't appear immediately, and I get very irritated after hours and hours of scrolling over stuff that first shows the display blank, then the content just blinks into existence in one go, and you do this choppy stepping thing when you could've just viewed the entire page and seen that the stuff you want isn't on that page, in about one tenth of that time. I don't even want to know how much time I waste when it accumulates over a week.
Nice, perfect, static pages load immediately and are a joy to use, but they're getting scarce.

Is there any way to overcome this? Preferably in Safari, but I might even consider fully migrating to another browser if I must, because this feature has considerably downgraded the usability of the entire internet in a way that I haven't experienced before. My second choice is Opera, and I'd really prefer not to have to go to Chrome or Firefox because they're in other ways heavy, clumsy, ugly in color rendition etc.

Something like this:
  • Pages that have a finite length: ALWAYS force the entire page to load all in one go.
  • Pages that load new content indefinitely if you keep scrolling: Obviously can't be forced to load "everything" but something like, ALWAYS force load [a very properly big chunk of content at a time] every time you scroll downwards once (instead of loading new items only about the worth of your monitor size).

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I doubt this will ever be fixed on the user end. I haven't noticed it on very many sites, but when I do see it, It can be very annoying if it's slow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.