Safe temperature range for MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by newairowner, Jul 29, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello, all. What is the safe operational temperature range for the Macbook Air? Not so much with regard to the computer overheating itself, but with regard to where I am while I use it. Can I sit outside in 98 degree weather and use it for three hours? Can I sit outside in 55 degree weather and use it? Or are these temperatures already outside the temperature range to which it may safely be exposed? I would love any detail that anyone could provide about such an operational temperature range. Thanks!

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. macrumors regular

According to Apple's Technical Specifications page for the Air:http://www.apple.com/macbook-air/specs.html
    So you might not want to stay out too long in the 98 F weather, but the 55 should be OK. Humidity is also a factor to consider.

Good luck with your new Mac!

4. macrumors 604

ZBoater

I can't imagine doing anything but sweating like a pig in 98F weather, much less be using a computer. Drinking beer, perhaps. Not use a computer. :D

5. macrumors 6502a

more then apples specs for operating temperatures, i think i would not be using the laptop over 28c, if I did i guess i would be sweating all over the keyboard :D

6. macrumors 68030

pfft.

28c is like, late winter here.

:D

7. macrumors 68030

Steve121178

Why the heck would you even contemplate doing that? :confused:

8. macrumors 6502a

humidity is terrible here in Bombay