Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Hi. I have a Verizon Motorola Razr V3m. I also have an iMac G5 Rev B. The iMac has Bluetooth, but no Apple Remote as they were added in later on. I am trying to install Sailing Clicker onto my V3m so I can control the iMac with it. Sailing Clicker only officially supports the V3x & V3i. How can I get this working on my V3m? I tried installing the V3i version & it launches the Bluetooth File Exchange app. I get the message that my handset doesn't have the necessary services available. How can I get around this? Can I somehow go back to the original Motorola OS & dump the VZW crap all together?? Then the File Exchange should work and I might be able to install Sailing Clicker.

Any insight appreciated.:(

Kevin.

Edit: Has anyone ever tried flashing V3i (or the like) firmware onto a V3m?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I use one of the Sony Ericsson versions on my unsupported Moto L6. Works like a charm but the graphics don't quite fit the screen. Still, it's enough to see what you're doing.

And it's Salling Clicker by the way, not Sailing Clicker.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
I'd like to try that, only when I get to the part in Salling Clicker (I feel really dumb about the "sailing":eek: ), It launches Bluetooth File Exchange to send the app to my phone. I then get the message my phone doesn't have the neccessary services required to send the file. Any way to get around this?

Also, does SallingClicker:Mac Require the phone to have Java??

My V3m has BREW, not Java.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
schaef2493 said:
I'd like to try that, only when I get to the part in Salling Clicker (I feel really dumb about the "sailing":eek: ), It launches Bluetooth File Exchange to send the app to my phone. I then get the message my phone doesn't have the neccessary services required to send the file. Any way to get around this?

Also, does SallingClicker:Mac Require the phone to have Java??

My V3m has BREW, not Java.

Salling Clicker is a Java app so, yes. WTF is "Brew"? My L6 has Java and it's basically a flattened V3. I thought all Razr, slvr, krzr etc came with Java?

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
BREW is like a cheap, subsitute Java.:mad:

Btw, I have Verizon Wireless. What carrier do you have??

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
schaef2493 said:
BREW is like a cheap, subsitute Java.:mad:

Btw, I have Verizon Wireless. What carrier do you have??

Optus, but it doesn't matter down here as the phones all work the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.