Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
You are mixing up 8.5 with 10.5 . 8.5 had pentile other doesnt .

So the comparison would be ipad mini with samsung tab s 8.5 for PPI .

In this case you wont notice the difference in any normal use .

Perhaps before accusing of lying checking the facts?

Oh wow, my bad, i retract my statement then.

Would help if you quoted the correct information relating to the tablet this thread is about.

Yes, it would. My mistake!

interesting readup, would seem Tab S 10.5 indeed does have a very nice display.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8197/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-review-105-84inch/2

l0nd0n

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
London
Thinner, lighter.. just boring bulls**t

Until then who cares about grams... What I want to see is ease of integration between multi platforms.

That's the reason I stick with Apple for the time being.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
granted that Apple is copying the multi-tasking feature, but so does Samsung! ;) they're copying everything Apple....wait... including the way their store looks and the shirt! :eek:

Everyone copies, it's just that the Apple fans tend to ignore it when Apple is doing the copying.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
Multitasking alone makes it better. Accept it guys.

It doesn't because it runs Android and tablet apps for Android suck.

Accept it.

What are you multitasking? A calculator, notes and a browser? Give me a break.

I wouldn't have even touched it if they stopped me. I would've told them, yes. I know, it is thinner, lighter, has a better screen, has multitasking. I know.

Now, find me an app that matches iDraw feature for feature and I will go out today and get a Tab S. I'll wait here. Go ahead.

Actually I challenge you. Go ahead. Post the link. I will go get maybe a Note Pro this weekend and post the photo here.

Let me know when you find it.

Last edited:

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
It doesn't because it runs Android and tablet apps for Android suck.

Accept it.

What are you multitasking? A calculator, notes and a browser? Give me a break.

I wouldn't have even touched it if they stopped me. I would've told them, yes. I know, it is thinner, lighter, has a better screen, has multitasking. I know.

Now, find me an app that matches iDraw feature for feature and I will go out today and get a Tab S. I'll wait here. Go ahead.

Actually I challenge you. Go ahead. Post the link. I will go get maybe a Note Pro this weekend and post the photo here.

Let me know when you find it.

You sound like someone with extensive experience with a single app and well... Absolutely nothing else. I'm going to go ahead and say that one app is iDraw. The fact that it's the only app you've decided to single out (and so vehemently at that) and also seem to be completely clueless as to how multi-tasking can be beneficial is testament to your lack of user experience.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
You sound like someone with extensive experience with a single app and well... Absolutely nothing else. I'm going to go ahead and say that one app is iDraw. The fact that it's the only app you've decided to single out (and so vehemently at that) and also seem to be completely clueless as to how multi-tasking can be beneficial is testament to your lack of user experience.

He has a point. Android tablet apps do suck. As far as phones go, they're pretty much the same quality. Some android apps for smartphones are even cooler than iPhone apps also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.