Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
You need to try a physical rotating bezel before making such statements mate. Those are what define proper Galaxy Watches.
I have with the Galaxy Watch 3, it has the rotating bezel. I'm really not a fan. Its much more clunky than the Apple Watch in my opinion.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I'm still using my s3 frontier, it's a great watch, battery still last a day, still in great condition and I don't treat it nice, it's nearly 5 years old.

It looks like a watch, the Apple watch might be more functional with its app support but in my opinion, it's fugly, I wouldn't wear one.
Also, the gear runs tizen, it's not android.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
I've gotta say, I just don't understand how anyone would use their watch for anything but notifications, quick canned reply, and health tracking. Honestly, it may be fun in the beginning to take a call, send an email/message, but then you look at your phone with the gorgeous bright and spacious display, and you think. Ummmm....?

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
I think galaxy watches win when it come to faces

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-16_110613.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-16_110613.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_2021-02-16_110556.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-16_110556.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: mjschabow

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
I think galaxy watches win when it come to faces

The only thing worse than Apple not having the option for 3rd party watch faces is still not being able to put icons where you want on the iPhone.

I think I got to used to my 12 mini as this S21 Ultra feels like a weighty fella. I don’t remember my Note 20 U feeling like this, but I wasn’t using my 12 mini at that time either. But, the screen and the camera flexibility are winning me over.

Reactions: gilverx

animalx

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2013
I've gotta say, I just don't understand how anyone would use their watch for anything but notifications, quick canned reply, and health tracking. Honestly, it may be fun in the beginning to take a call, send an email/message, but then you look at your phone with the gorgeous bright and spacious display, and you think. Ummmm....?
I agree. It's way too inefficient to do anything of note on a smartwatch. If I take a call on it, it's because it'll either be quick, or it's because I don't have my buds on and I wanted to answer quickly and I'll switch to my buds in a second. Outside of that, I just want to know who's calling, see a text (maybe reply with a canned reply), and track a walk or bike ride. That's about it.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Honestly, it may be fun in the beginning to take a call, send an email/message, but then you look at your phone with the gorgeous bright and spacious display, and you think. Ummmm....
Well, owning an AW was different for me... because I went the cellular route. Sometimes.. when I decided to run an errand or go on a run... I'll leave my phone. It felt like a sense of weight lifted, if that means anything. It's just the idea having to check your phone for anything results into browsing a particular app.

The paid one are gorgeous and they make the watch look really good. Its only $1-3 its nothing
I get it. People should get paid for their work.. But why not let ONE go free...

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I agree that Apple should make a watch store, I don't know why they haven't already.
Personally I think the Apple Watch is a much better design, before the Apple Watch I only ever owned 1 normal watch in my life and I didnt like it (I dont wear jewelry).

There's just something about the Apple Watch design that I like more than a round watch, even with the rotating bezel.

With regards to my S21 Ultra, the battery life is great so far. The camera I'm not too sure about, I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or if my expectations were high but taking pictures is good, it's just that afterwards they look a bit cartoony, especially when zomming in. Pictures taken on my iPhone seem more realistic.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I agree that Apple should make a watch store, I don't know why they haven't already.
Perhaps, you are asking for a Watch Face Store? Because Apple already have Watch Store inside the Watch App.

The camera I'm not too sure about, I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or if my expectations were high but taking pictures is good, it's just that afterwards they look a bit cartoony, especially when zomming in. Pictures taken on my iPhone seem more realistic.
Yes. Samsung has always been criticized for their post processing. They put in more tech behind their camera than Apple or Google, but they fall short in the post processing aspect.

Reactions: jamezr and Dave245

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Personally I think the Apple Watch is a much better design, before the Apple Watch I only ever owned 1 normal watch in my life and I didnt like it (I dont wear jewelry).

There's just something about the Apple Watch design that I like more than a round watch, even with the rotating bezel.

With regards to my S21 Ultra, the battery life is great so far. The camera I'm not too sure about, I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or if my expectations were high but taking pictures is good, it's just that afterwards they look a bit cartoony, especially when zomming in. Pictures taken on my iPhone seem more realistic.

Try to do this , the camera is packed with features.

Reactions: aggie99 and Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Perhaps, you are asking for a Watch Face Store? Because Apple already have Watch Store inside the Watch App.

Yes. Samsung has always been criticized for their post processing. They put in more tech behind their camera than Apple or Google, but they fall short in the post processing aspect.
Yes, I mean a watch face store for the Apple Watch. Similar to the App Store but for all different watch faces, ones that can be purchased from developers and customised.

Some of the pictures turn out good but I don’t like the cartoon like effect on them. I’ve looked at the camera settings but nothing seems to change it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
many people do use their watch for that and why it's import for so many. but when you are used to basically having the option to use your watch as basically mirroring your phone it's hard to go away from. I simply don't want to have to pull out my phone for every notification, checking sport scores, sorting out my lights on my watch without need to use my phone or Siri/google home. picking up your phone less is always a good thing.

so when it comes to a smart watch that kind of does decide what phone I will have as my daily device. issue is with galaxy watch or even active it doesn't have the things I would use a watch for alot of the time and why mine was sold. not really even Samsung's fault thats down to google and developers not having the good enough apps for it. Same goes for the tablets.

Reactions: Ludatyk and Dave245

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Yes, I mean a watch face store for the Apple Watch. Similar to the App Store but for all different watch faces, ones that can be purchased from developers and customised.

Some of the pictures turn out good but I don’t like the cartoon like effect on them. I’ve looked at the camera settings but nothing seems to change it.
From what I have been reading on xda forums quite a few have had issues with the camera. maybe the fact SD uses a better way of processing pictures as to why there is a difference. Samsung are rolling out updates though dunno if it will fix the issues completely though.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
From what I have been reading on xda forums quite a few have had issues with the camera. maybe the fact SD uses a better way of processing pictures as to why there is a difference. Samsung are rolling out updates though dunno if it will fix the issues completely though.
There were 2 updates in February both stating camera improvements. No idea if that helped or not

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Yea it's not good. I had an update yesterday that mentioned "camera updates" however after tasing further today, the camera still makes photos look cartoonish. I've messed around with settings and features, but they don't effect the overall outcome of the picture processing (with the exception of the night mode which seems to process after the picture is taken to make it lighter).

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
Yea it's not good. I had an update yesterday that mentioned "camera updates" however after tasing further today, the camera still makes photos look cartoonish. I've messed around with settings and features, but they don't effect the overall outcome of the picture processing (with the exception of the night mode which seems to process after the picture is taken to make it lighter).
You may have already done this.. but have you turned off vivid mode when looking at your pictures?

Pictures look oversaturated on the phone when vivid mode is on.. this can be verified by looking at the same pictures on a decent monitor.

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
You may have already done this.. but have you turned off vivid mode when looking at your pictures?

Pictures look oversaturated on the phone when vivid mode is on.. this can be verified by looking at the same pictures on a decent monitor.
Yea that was one of the first things I thought of, along with checking if there were any filters or specific modes. Nothing, it’s happening when taking normal pictures no matter what settings I changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.