Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I shattered the screen on my two year old set so now I am using a new Samsung TV that I got from my job as a gift. I love the TV but in using it with my ATV2, it will pop up a warning every so often that it will power off unless I press ok on the remote.

The sleep timer is off so I am assuming that the TV is thinking that it not receiving a signal so it wants to power off.

The TV has three different HDMI ports on the back. Is there a particular one that I should plug the ATV into?

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I have a Samsung SmartTV, about a year old, with zero issues using with my ATV.

You might want to check your firmware version and see if there's something newer available. Normally Samsung SmartTV's autoupdate their firmware, but if for some reason yours isn't -- you can find manual updates here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/video/tvs

Definitely not related to ATV, unless you have a defective one.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I have a Samsung SmartTV, about a year old, with zero issues using with my ATV.

You might want to check your firmware version and see if there's something newer available: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/video/tvs

Definitely not related to ATV.
Well, last night, it asked me to update the firmware so I did. I always update the firmware whenever it says there is an update. The TV is a smart TV also.

I wish I could figure out why it's doing this. It's done this three times since last night.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
You could try changing the setting for no signal power off & auto power off on the tv. Both are located under menu>system>Eco solution

At least on my Samsun that is the setting location.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
You could try changing the setting for no signal power off & auto power off on the tv. Both are located under menu>system>Eco solution

At least on my Samsun that is the setting location.
Wow. I didn't realize those settings existed. I never scrolled down in that menu to see that submenu. I'll see if this fixes this.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.