Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I have a question, "Satellite Connection" under Location Services > System Services, It is active in the background and tracking location but for what purpose? Isn't it only supposed to be active when an SOS Call is made? Is there any negative adverse effect to turning "Satellite Connection" off under that system services menu other than the obvious one that sattelite calling wont be available in case of an emergency? "Satellite Connection" isn't used to improve GPS for apps such as Google Maps or Waze, Correct?

Last edited:

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Is there any negative adverse effect to turning "Satellite Connection" off under that system services menu other than the obvious one that sattelite calling wont be available in case of an emergency?
No. If you don’t think you’ll ever need, then turn it off. Meanwhile, I’ll keep it running on my phone, just in case.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
No. If you don’t think you’ll ever need, then turn it off. Meanwhile, I’ll keep it running on my phone, just in case.
Sounds good, thanks for the reply. I’ll turn it off then. Would the same logic apply to the Emergency Calls & SOS toggle under that same system services menu or would toggling that Emergency Calls & SOS switch off affect the iPhone negatively in any way? Again, I won’t ever use that SOS feature on my phone and have it disabled but if turning it off is going to negatively affect some other feature of the phone then I’ll keep it on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.