Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
I started this same thread a while ago and in hind-sight maybe I should have made the title a bit clearer, so... I'm gonna try again with a new title. Sorry if this is against the rules, but I couldnt figure out how to edit the original title (used to be Randy Couture).

Not sure if there are many MMA fans here on the MacRumors forums, but if so, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the UFC fights this weekend.

Randy "The Natural" Couture, at age 43 fought the much younger and way larger and stronger Tim Sylvia for the Heavy weight title. Couture dominated the champ for five 5 rounds (25 minutes) and won a unanimous decision. He almost knocked out Sylvia within about 15 seconds of the first round and from then on just completely dominated fight.

One of the most exciting fights I've seen. All the drama surrounding the fight, Couture's retirement, his having left the Heavy weight division because of huge guys like Sylvia, his losing twice to Liddell, etc., all came together with an excellent fight. Wow. Couldnt help but cheer for the guy.

Anyone else watch the fights? More thoughts?

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
judging by the lack of response, Im going to assume that noone here really cares that much about MMA. Hmmm... fair enough then.

MMA = Mighty Midgets of America. Its amazing to watch. :D

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
I was totally shocked! I thought Silvia was going to kill Randy. But, I was pleasantly surprised when Randy gave him that beat down! :D I was also surprised to see Sabrol lose, 2 in a row for him...:eek:

And MMA is Mixed Martial Arts, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.