Save an entire website for offline viewing?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Redjericho, Sep 10, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Is there an app that does this? There seem to be only apps that save single pages, which safari can do already.

2. macrumors G3

rhett7660

I know of none. An entire website can be quite large, I would be interested to see if anyone or if there is anything that can do this.

3. macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

4. macrumors G3

rhett7660

5. macrumors 603

Well, by providing a rule to both apps that lets for any kind of recursion depth, both are capable of this - after all, wget (and the like) is an industry-standard full site getter for exactly this.

Of course, if non-linked resources need to be saved, no HTTP should be used to access the site but FTP (assuming he knows the password).

6. macrumors G3

rhett7660

Oh! See...one learns something new everyday. Does this work with also sites that are driven by database queries etc? Or is this more for static sites?

7. macrumors member

Time backoker has an archived history of websites since 1996. I know its not exactly what you are looking.

8. macrumors 603

Static sites IIRC. Albeit, it could be technically very easy to do a dynamic version too (with a pre-defined dictionary of queries). wget may already support it? DUnno.

9. macrumors G3

rhett7660

Ok, this is bad$ss! Very nice and thank you for the links!