Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are scalpers legitimate businessmen, or unethical opportunists ?

• Total voters

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Mu issue is that this delay's delivery for customers who just want a phone...Not those looking to make a quick buck. I'm in that boat. Scalpers disrupt Apple's production estimates and genuine customers have to wait longer for their phone / Ipad etc.

My phone has been stuck in processing for 10 day's and shows no sign of moving until October...Apple either need to make more to account for this or find a way to prevent it from happening...something I don't think is possible.

naughtynumber9

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Nothing. I think it's awesome really. Apple consumers aren't exactly known for their frugal nature anyway so I think it's nice that a regular Joe can further exploit the 'OMFG I NEED IT RIGHT ***** NOW AND IT HAS TO BE THIS COLOR' imbeciles. "A fool and his money are soon parted" - Blame the fool. The gold iPhone will be all over the shelves in a few months.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Mu issue is that this delay's delivery for customers who just want a phone...Not those looking to make a quick buck. I'm in that boat. Scalpers disrupt Apple's production estimates and genuine customers have to wait longer for their phone / Ipad etc.

My phone has been stuck in processing for 10 day's and shows no sign of moving until October...Apple either need to make more to account for this or find a way to prevent it from happening...something I don't think is possible.

Bingo. This is my major problem with this. All I want is my one damned phone.

calaverasgrande

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn, New York.
Nothing. I think it's awesome really. Apple consumers aren't exactly known for their frugal nature anyway so I think it's nice that a regular Joe can further exploit the 'OMFG I NEED IT RIGHT ***** NOW AND IT HAS TO BE THIS COLOR' imbeciles. "A fool and his money are soon parted" - Blame the fool. The gold iPhone will be all over the shelves in a few months.
but he is not some "regular joe".
What regular joe has $20k lying around to frivolously waste on this?
That is what a wannabe thug would do.
a real businessman would rent a hot dog cart, then sublease it to someone who isn't as savvy, or who does not have the capital.
That is creating a persistent revenue stream.
buying 20k of of a product with a short term demand spike is foolish. Even if you think you can sell them all on Ebay. What if several customers dispute transactions and you cant sell on ebay? yikes.

MicroMacTosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
but he is not some "regular joe".
What regular joe has $20k lying around to frivolously waste on this?
That is what a wannabe thug would do.
a real businessman would rent a hot dog cart, then sublease it to someone who isn't as savvy, or who does not have the capital.
That is creating a persistent revenue stream.
buying 20k of of a product with a short term demand spike is foolish. Even if you think you can sell them all on Ebay. What if several customers dispute transactions and you cant sell on ebay? yikes.

Lol at hot dog cart

What makes you think I DONT have a revenue stream ? This is just seasonal opportunity , along with the stash of PS4 I have

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.