Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leet1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Originally posted by Counterfit
Someone finally found their way into Bill Gates' pants eh?

lol, but that couldn't be true, Bill could buy one. It has to be Steve's with his little $2Billion net worth. :p

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
This is very interesting news for our knowledge base. Thank you for the link Howard.

"The ground plan of the fossil strikingly resembles living groups of ostracods which shows the pace of evolutionary change has not been particularly fast," he said.

The copulatory organ of the fossilised male is "large and stout" which indicates that "maybe size mattered" for the ancient ostracods, he added.

"This is a male and there must have been females around. The discovery tells us something about the biology of reproduction; it provides unequivocal evidence for sex in an animal that lived in the Silurian age," he added.

In addition to the penis, the scientists were able to trace the animal's entire digestive tract from mouth to anus as well as study anatomical details such as its six pairs of gills and the limbs it used for sensing, feeding and swimming.

"The whole animal is amazing," Professor Siveter added. "We've got something we could only dream about before."
_

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Re: scientists discover oldest known penis

Originally posted by howard
only 5mm long

Hey for it's time, it probably was one of the biggest out there! :D

pooky

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
Re: scientists discover oldest known penis

Originally posted by howard
only 5mm long

Just to clairify, the entire organism is only 5 mm long. Knowing that, one has to ask, what qualifies as "exceptionally large?"

If the animal fit human proportions, exceptionally large might only be 0.5 to 1 millimeter (imagine a 6' man with a 14.5 inch penis!).

Now, I've got to ask, how does one swim with any dexterity when one has a 5 mm body with a 1 mm penis hanging off!

leet1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Re: Re: scientists discover oldest known penis

Originally posted by pooky
If the animal fit human proportions, exceptionally large might only be 0.5 to 1 millimeter (imagine a 6' man with a 14.5 inch penis!).

**looks down** Imagine? :p

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Or maybe like the octopus and squid use ink to cloud their escape...well nevermind.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
LOL. I guess its true what they say. Bill Gates named his Company after his penis. Micro: Little Soft: well soft

It doesnt have to be white some animals spray out diffrent colors..

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
At least we know that the penis has been an important organ for many millennia. I like the idea of dual function for fertilization and locomotion. Wonder if he got any limbal stimulation from it's use for propulsion, it had to be large for some reason! :p

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
Originally posted by Counterfit
I did NOT need to know that...

Well if you dont want to be informed about pinises and their liquids you obviously shouldnt be reading a penis thread.

I think leet1 is either A) A lying bastard or B) a lying bastard. Unless he has one of the FAKE mechanical penises:D

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Originally posted by applemacdude
Well if you dont want to be informed about pinises and their liquids you obviously shouldnt be reading a penis thread.

I think leet1 is either A) A lying bastard or B) a lying bastard. Unless he has one of the FAKE mechanical penises:D
But it was about the size of the original, not what color it's contents were!

leet1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Originally posted by applemacdude
B) a lying bastard. Unless he has one of the FAKE mechanical penises:D

Hey, this thing is great! Stores my mp3's, last 10 hours, and has remote start :D

lol....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.