Scratches on iPod CLICKWHEEL

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Phantom Thief, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Phantom Thief macrumors newbie

I've read all about preventing and removing scratches from other parts of the ipod, but i haven't seen anything about scratches on the clickwheel, and unfortunately, thats exactly what has happened to my ipod. Any suggestions?

P.T.

2. Devie macrumors 6502a

My friend just rubbed his a lot with his finger and it came off...

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't recommend this. Since the wheels are sensitive to touch, pressing too hard could damage the wheel.

I don't know how you might fix that. I've been thinking about click-wheel protection too. I guess for now, the best deal might be to stick it in a case. Hopefully someone else has a better suggestion?

4. Phantom Thief thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, i really hoped someone would have a miracle cure. Oh well, serves me right for being so careless :(

Thanks anyway, guys :)

P.T.

5. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

I've got the same problem. My 40GB was housed in an iSkin Evo2 case, which doesn't cover the click wheel, and the remote rubbed on the wheel scratching it a little. I've now ditched the iSkin in favour of a Radtech PodSleevz case, which does cover the wheel. It also doesn't bulk the iPod out, being made of fabric.