Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efp1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
UK
Hello!

I'd like to ask everyone's opinion. I donated my old iPhone 4s to someone in India about a year and a half ago. He sent me a picture (attached) this week asking me what could be the cause of his screen malfunctioning. I'd like to know if it's a hardware issue or a software issue so that I can maybe buy a replacement screen before I go on holiday to India in a couple of weeks and fix it myself. Of course, if it's a software issue I can easily just restore it.

Attachments

• IMG_3496.JPG
    IMG_3496.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

TheDoubler55

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2011
I would say screen issue, but I am not 100%. Maybe try restore first then that will give you your answer.

efp1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
UK
I would say screen issue, but I am not 100%. Maybe try restore first then that will give you your answer.

Thanks! I guess I'll just have to buy a screen but first try to restore. If that doesn't fix it, I'll have to change the whole screen.

Reactions: TheDoubler55

John9721

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2012
Looks kinda like my 6 did when my display connector was going bad, but thinking back it was only on the top. iPhone 4 might be different, I agree with restore first, could easy be software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.