Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Tempered Glass Protector do you use for your iPhone X?

• Covers Entire/Full Glass

• Leaves Thin Boarders Around Edges

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
If you have a screen protector on your phone, which type do you have. The one that covers the full front glass (first pic), or the one that leaves boarders around edges(second pic)?
Which one is better?
Does the one that leaves a small board (second pic) around the edge annoy you? Like when you swipe up/down and use other gestures (because of the uneven surface)?
landscape-1505313632-iphone-x-screen-protectors.jpg
Aslanda-iPhone-X-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector.jpg

Last edited:

ArkieBiker

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Arkansas
Ha...I been doing so much research my mind is bumfuzzled. Yes, I have even ordered two different kinds before my iPhone X arrives next week. i

I want full coverage, but I also want something that is compatible with a case.

Here are the ones I have already ordered.

1. Anker/Karapak Glass screen protector (is not full coverage)
2. iCarez 2.5D with black edge.

I'm STILL looking for that perfect full coverage (case compatible) screen protector.

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
I had the full screen protector on but it bubbled around the top corners so while I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive I put on a back up that has the borders around it. It's actually annoying the heck out of me, not only does it look ugly but it's also annoying constantly feeling the edge while I'm swiping up from the bottom. Can't wait until tomorrow when my replacement arrives....

jakontil

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2017
It’s hard to find a desired full coverage screen protector with case compatible

Any advice will be welcome

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Well I used to have one of these full covers on my 7+ and loved the look of it, and also it protected the phone from a serious drop. BUT: The cover itself had to be replaced 5 Times over the course of 6 months, it just randomly broke sometimes from absolutely NOTHING. I swear once I was on an airplane with it, and somehow, when I left the plane, the thing was shattered. Same thing once happened in the car, I just put the phone down in my cupholder and boom - screen protector shattered. So that was when I decided to get one of these things that leave the edges. They dont look as nice, actually I hate the look - but much more durable as it seems.

snarlz

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Very happy with my Belkin Invisiglass Ultra (covers all but the notch) fitted in Apple Store with their fancy applicator thingy and £29 for the privilege! Not a bubble in sight though, as opposed to my attempts :D

Reactions: BullittMustang

ArkieBiker

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Arkansas
I had the full screen protector on but it bubbled around the top corners so while I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive I put on a back up that has the borders around it. It's actually annoying the heck out of me, not only does it look ugly but it's also annoying constantly feeling the edge while I'm swiping up from the bottom. Can't wait until tomorrow when my replacement arrives....
What brand are you waiting on?

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
Belkin invisiglass. Looks like photo 2. Applied at the Apple store with their machine. Perfection, and I am very picky.

BigRed39

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
The first thing I do with a new phone is go to the Apple store and let them apply the screen protector. They have a special device that does a great job and you don't leave till you're bubble-free and satisfied.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
Was looking at this one in Apple Store. Very low rating and people talking about cracking. How long installed ?
1 week. I read the same reviews. I really don’t see any reason this would crack on its own. Seriously, I’ve never seen a screen protector this good. The little machine they use at the Apple Store is amazing.

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
Ha...I been doing so much research my mind is bumfuzzled. Yes, I have even ordered two different kinds before my iPhone X arrives next week. i

I want full coverage, but I also want something that is compatible with a case.

Here are the ones I have already ordered.

1. Anker/Karapak Glass screen protector (is not full coverage)
2. iCarez 2.5D with black edge.

I'm STILL looking for that perfect full coverage (case compatible) screen protector.

Well I used to have one of these full covers on my 7+ and loved the look of it, and also it protected the phone from a serious drop. BUT: The cover itself had to be replaced 5 Times over the course of 6 months, it just randomly broke sometimes from absolutely NOTHING. I swear once I was on an airplane with it, and somehow, when I left the plane, the thing was shattered. Same thing once happened in the car, I just put the phone down in my cupholder and boom - screen protector shattered. So that was when I decided to get one of these things that leave the edges. They dont look as nice, actually I hate the look - but much more durable as it seems.

I currently have a full tempered glass protector (pic one), but the difference is that mine covers the camera/sensors and has a cut out for front speaker only. However, I realized that as days go by, dust is accumulating in the top sensors, covering it and the camera. Once you get your full tempered glass protector/or if you had one before, did you experience the same thing?

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
I currently have a full tempered glass protector (pic one), but the difference is that mine covers the camera/sensors and has a cut out for front speaker only. However, I realized that as days go by, dust is accumulating in the top sensors, covering it and the camera. Once you get your full tempered glass protector/or if you had one before, did you experience the same thing?

Yes!! The front camera became really dusty and gloomy at some point.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
I went for the Zagg Glass. I've always used them with, very little issues. the Zagg is case friendly. I installed mine perfectly last night and it looks great. Very happy with this protector

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.