Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2010
For my short trial, I can't see fingerprint when the screen turns on. Some smudges are only visible when the screen is off.

Were u able to take pictures of your iPad with the Steinheil applied and with the PS this time? It would be good to see the comparison

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
These are good ones. I've had one on my iPod Touch and no issues what so ever. There doesn't seem to be any tactile issues either.

Only problem I have is the $25 price tag. Man these companies are raking the profit in. Anyone have a discount coupon? :D

Amen to that! It's literally twice the price,and you only get one shot with screen. Hopefully as the IPad gets more accepted the prices will drop.

7racer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2004
looks like iLounge has a preliminary review that suggest the powersupport is better in general.

john3478

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
looks like iLounge has a preliminary review that suggest the powersupport is better in general.

I just got my powersupport antiglare. Exactly as it promised, the glare is gone. :D. However, when watching ABC, I still like the crystal clear without the anti glare.

Now I don't know what I want. Like the anti glare when not watching ABC but like it without anti glare when watching ABC.

Malacoda

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
Meridian, ID
I just got my powersupport antiglare. Exactly as it promised, the glare is gone. :D. However, when watching ABC, I still like the crystal clear without the anti glare.

Now I don't know what I want. Like the anti glare when not watching ABC but like it without anti glare when watching ABC.

Clearly, the answer is to own two iPads.

I bought the PS clear screen protector today. I don't use a protector on my iPhone, but on some level I consider it more...expendable. We'll see what I think of a protector on the iPad.

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2010

Are the colors washed out? Is it blurry? How is reading text against a white background? Does it have anti-fingerprint properties as well?

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Must be a nightmare to apply

I put these things on my iPhone and I've got it down to a science and can get them on every time lined up, with no dust and no air bubbles.

These things are so freaking big for the iPad - I just don't see how you can apply one without getting dust in there - or without touching the screen side of the film.

$24 and one shot to get it on...

macpluslaptop

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Ok, so mine came in the mail today. I put it on in the cleanest environment possible but I still got some dust underneath.

It's stuck to the protector, so what do I do?

unroll the protector to the dust spot and use tape to pick up the dust, then reapply. I think the tape applied to the protector itself is the idea - use a dust blower to clean the screen

Furtim

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008

I enjoy how iLounge states they prefer the Power Support over the SGP Steinheil even though if you look at that article they never once show you a picture of the Power Support screen protector for the iPad...they show off the package, but if you look closely you can see the Incipio’s and Steinheil's out of the packaging so you can compare the screens. I'm not saying iLounge is biased or not, but its weird that they like Power Supports better and claim the Steinheil is milkier, but fail to provide a side by side comparison or let alone a photo of the screen protector.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I broke down and ordered the crystal version. I had the antiglare on my iPhone which I like but I got tired of the matte finish reducing the visual quality.

Bob Chadwick

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
I broke down and ordered the crystal version. I had the antiglare on my iPhone which I like but I got tired of the matte finish reducing the visual quality.

I ordered two, one for my mine and another for my son's. In addition to the high price of the product, they want another $8+ to ship it to you.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I ordered two, one for my mine and another for my son's. In addition to the high price of the product, they want another $8+ to ship it to you.

I know...I searched in vain for a coupon too. :mad: Between the case, skin and screen protector, I'm heavily invested in this gadget :apple:

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
I am going to get the power support anti glare screen protector for the iPad and power support say that these can be removed and cleaned.

Has anyone successfully done this with a power support product ?

With the fact these apply using static won't it be almost impossible to wash and dry them without the film collecting loads of lint and stuff on the static side?

Any secrets to success with these ?

BryanLyle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
I may have to try this. I went through the hassle installing the best skins ever one (with water) and it was a PITA. For the first time ever I have a bubble (on the black part of the screen). I've been using these on my devices for quite some time but this time around it was incredibly difficult to manage. I've also used the power support film. I think i need to see how the anti-glare fares in terms of actual visibility. I'd hate to cover this nice screen with haze.

I think BSE changed their skins over the past year or so. I've never had any issue putting these on, but the one I put on my iPad bubbled up and didn't look right, so I had to remove it.

Apple Expert

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Does it improve iPad use in sunshine? Does it really have an anti-glare?

It does help. However were talking about the all mighty sun here. A film isn't going to over power that in terms of reducing glare. But it does help, not eliminate it.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I am going to get the power support anti glare screen protector for the iPad and power support say that these can be removed and cleaned.

Has anyone successfully done this with a power support product ?

With the fact these apply using static won't it be almost impossible to wash and dry them without the film collecting loads of lint and stuff on the static side?

Any secrets to success with these ?

I tried on my iPhone...wasn't happy with the results.

john3478

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
Are the colors washed out? Is it blurry? How is reading text against a white background? Does it have anti-fingerprint properties as well?

Here the image from my iphone. (photo taken is not as clear as real digital camera photo)
img0398small.jpg

after using it for awhile, I get used to with it. There is no finger print

So. overall "first impression" not that bad and once used it for a day, it is ok. So, I think might keep it.

john3478

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
hmm.. I have two bubble which after a few days still not gone. I think because there is a very small dust dot as a result the bubble stay there

tanyawongz

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
Eugene, OR / Hong Kong
I've been waiting for these, but I got the speck one already. Oh well, I'm sure they're great, but the speck ones were surprisingly good because they had a more soft touch than the power support ones and not as thick.

john3478

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
hmm.. I have two bubble which after a few days still not gone. I think because there is a very small dust dot as a result the bubble stay there

I just found the solution from powersupport website. use tape to remove the dust. Now there is no more bubble. :D

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Just applied it and love it

Just applied it using the "Wet Method".

Anti-Glare FTW!!!

Pros:
Better tactile feel
Finger prints are less evident
Anti-Glare (well Duh!)
Reflections minimized

Cons:
Colors are somewhat muted
Text is a little fuzzy

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Don't suppose anyone knows of a UK distributor for power support. Guy on Ebay is selling the anti glare film but let's just say the price is a little steep!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.