Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
I switched from the iq shield on Amazon to the rumor suit

The iq shield was too small and had significantly more Orange peel effect. The corners didn't lie down all that well either. On the 38mm

The armor suit was only installed 14 hours ago but so far fits and looks better.

Last edited:

mr.anthonyramos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2015
Hong Kong
I installed my second BSE a week ago and just took it off. This time install went pretty well but there were still some areas in which micro bubbles didn't disappear. Visibility is ok but orange peel is annoying. Furthermore a small brush or touch will start to lift corners and they are hard to put back without more bubbles which don't go away.

All in all over short period of time the protectors start to look bad and what's the point of protecting the screen if it looks bad all the time. Isn't that what we are trying to prevent?

That's a pity. Honestly, I got my watch replaced and needed to reinstall my protector and it's on perfectly no bubbles. Orange peel effect is there but isn't as bad as other brands.

My fiancé has had one on her watch for three weeks and I had mine on for three weeks on my returned watch and both have never peeled in any way and no have bubbles appeared.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Here's the sorry for the mess ! We're bagging her necklaces - if you put necklaces in a small back and leave the end outside - then zip lock the majority it can't tangle
image.jpg

Here's the iq protector

image.jpg

You can see the iq fit is worse as is orange peel

The armorsuit had only been on a couple hours the iq had been on a day

Both 42mm. The 38 imo is a bit more difficult to get perfect. Something about the limited area and the curves.

I hope this helps. The packaging is identical practically. Squeegee. Cloth. Protector. Liquid.

You get six iq shields for $6.99 on Amazon you get two armorsuit at the same price.

The iq shield doesn't look bad at normal
Distances at al. The armorsuit just looks better. I'll post back if something goes wrong with the armorsuit a in short order. But they seem like they bonded better than the iq

SixtyK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
Nebraska
I got the Armorsuit two months ago and have been extremely happy with it. Yesterday it paid for itself. I work in a print shop/warehouse and was operating the paper cutter yesterday. Reaching in to jog a stack of paper, my watch caught the edge of the clamp, forcibly peeling back the screen protector resulting in a tear. The watch face was unscathed. I applied the second screen protector last night (two come in a package) and I could not be happier.

Bromeo

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2015
Near Seattle
Just applied the Zagg on my 38mm Space Gray Sport. It covers the whole screen and partway down the curved edge. After setting for the night, today it is essentially invisible on the watch, exceeding my expectations. It also completely hid my one and only scratch that was deep enough to catch a fingernail in.

Only complaints are 1) you can feel the edge of the protector on the curved part, like when swiping for glances or notifications slightly interrupting the previous liquid-smoothness of the edge of the watch, and 2) it obviously covers up the oleo phobic coating that keeps the watch fairly smudge free to begin with.

The surface of the Zagg protector is not quite as smooth as the glass, but it is better than I remember them being. We have used these screen protectors on industrial equipment (custom cut to our specs) for years, so I'm very familiar with their impressive durability and "self healing" polymer. Great stuff for sure.

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Hey guys Im looking for a full body screen protection that also covers the back and sides. Any recommendation pleases!!!

Fissure

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Bought the Monoy Slim Premium Snap On Case in PC Hard Clear. The design is really slick, as it covers not only the watch face, but most of the outer perimeter of the watch itself (less the dial, button, speaker and mic). Works great with no disruption to the touch screen. HOWEVER, mine arrived all scratched up and scuffed out of the box. Anyone else who got this have the same problem? I'm returning it for another, so I'll update with what I get.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XONVVZ8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Does force touch still work with these hard plastic watch covers?

paulmacbeth

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Has anyone found a tempered glass protector that doesn't cause a horrible halo effect? I have a spigen glass on my iPhone 6+ which is perfect, but spigen don't seem to offer a glass protector for the watch yet. The one I'm using at the moment is horrible!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 291

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
Has anyone found a tempered glass protector that doesn't cause a horrible halo effect? I have a spigen glass on my iPhone 6+ which is perfect, but spigen don't seem to offer a glass protector for the watch yet. The one I'm using at the moment is horrible!

Ya that looks horrible!! Go with a armorsuit or BSE wet install screen protector. Can't even tell it's on the screen

paulmacbeth

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I'm struggling to find an armorsuit or bse that I can order from the UK. Can't even find a wet install protector on Amazon that seems to get decent reviews. I would rather have the feel of the glass, but if I have to go for a wet install would prefer one that has some positive reviews.

chillg8r

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Durham,NC
somehow I scratched my Armorsuit protector again today. I have no idea when I did it except that i was at Costco. The good news is that I didn't damage my watch crystal and I expect that Armorsuit will send me a new protector as per agreement. When its not damaged it is totally invisible. IMG_3549.JPG

Bromeo

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2015
Near Seattle
IMG_0102.jpg

Zagg InvisibleShield HD on a 38mm Apple Watch Space Gray Sport

Completely hides my one scratch in the glass. Wraps about half-way down the curved part, and interestingly enough, the edge is really hard to see due to how the reflections compress into lines along the curve anyway.

Mottling/orange-peel is subtle, but present. Not at all distracting or even noticeable in everyday lighting and use. Screen clarity is unimpeded, even in direct sunlight.

Downsides:
1. Not as oleophobic as the naked glass, so accumulates fingertip oil more quickly than the glass.
2. Slightly grippier feel vs. the glass
3. Can feel a slight edge, but it is far enough down the curve that you don't feel it when swiping for glances/notifications.

Upsides:
1. Hides hairline scratches
2. Stays put, even after two weeks of hiking and rough adventures
3. Freedom to stop worrying about scratching the glass (for those of us who tend to worry about such things)

As you can see from the photo, it really just kind of blends in. I've used Zagg products before, and this is the best I've seen from them.

I applied the screen protector late one night while out traveling. It wasn't clear to me at first that the protector does indeed partially wrap down around the curved edges. The edges adhered better in the morning, and after two weeks, there is no sign of peeling up, at all. I've gone from skeptic to believer on these, at least for the Sport.

mlemonds

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
Lexington, KY
View attachment 566796

Zagg InvisibleShield HD on a 38mm Apple Watch Space Gray Sport

Completely hides my one scratch in the glass. Wraps about half-way down the curved part, and interestingly enough, the edge is really hard to see due to how the reflections compress into lines along the curve anyway.

Mottling/orange-peel is subtle, but present. Not at all distracting or even noticeable in everyday lighting and use. Screen clarity is unimpeded, even in direct sunlight.

Downsides:
1. Not as oleophobic as the naked glass, so accumulates fingertip oil more quickly than the glass.
2. Slightly grippier feel vs. the glass
3. Can feel a slight edge, but it is far enough down the curve that you don't feel it when swiping for glances/notifications.

Upsides:
1. Hides hairline scratches
2. Stays put, even after two weeks of hiking and rough adventures
3. Freedom to stop worrying about scratching the glass (for those of us who tend to worry about such things)

As you can see from the photo, it really just kind of blends in. I've used Zagg products before, and this is the best I've seen from them.

I applied the screen protector late one night while out traveling. It wasn't clear to me at first that the protector does indeed partially wrap down around the curved edges. The edges adhered better in the morning, and after two weeks, there is no sign of peeling up, at all. I've gone from skeptic to believer on these, at least for the Sport.

Is the zagg a wet or dry application?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ

i noted this in another thread....

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/dont-buy-the-jetech-glass-screen-protector.1891233/

basically i think the slight curvature of the screen prevents the use of glass screen protectors on the watch. i got a refund for the screen protector and they even insisted it was a defect and sent another one. sure enough, same thing happened. so no, i assume none of the glass protectors will ever sit right on the watch.

ruffage

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
near the powercore
I'm struggling to find an armorsuit or bse that I can order from the UK. Can't even find a wet install protector on Amazon that seems to get decent reviews. I would rather have the feel of the glass, but if I have to go for a wet install would prefer one that has some positive reviews.
BSE deliver to the UK. Cost me about £4 and took less than a week to arrive. Only got round to installing it today but first impressions are good. It's currently bagged up to hold the corners down overnight.

aloecool

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I was very pleased with my Armorsuit after I applied it, couldn't even tell it was on the watch. Then somehow a scratch appeared on it so I used the second one that it came with. Again it looked great after application. About a week later I found a large scratch on it. So within a month I went through both protectors due to scratches and I am very careful with my watch.

They do look great immediately after application but they simply are not durable at all. As for the replacement guarantee, it requires you to send the damaged protector to them. I was all set to do this but realized once the protector was off the watch it was really hard to see the scratch. So I just discarded it. On the second one it would be easier for them to see but I really don't want another one. I'm looking for an alternative, perhaps the Orzly Invisicase.

And for anyone that thinks it did it's job taking the scratch so the screen didn't have to: I've used many screen protectors before and never had one scratch so easily.

Overall I can't recommend this product.

Yeah I'm also disappointed with their so called "lifetime warranty"...you also have to pay for shipping! I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm looking to try skinomi next because their warranty replacements are free

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
So far I put on zagg and armor suit and both times the edges bubble up / come up and can't get them to go down with blow dryer or whatever. I don't know why this is happening !!

Mojopin

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2011
So far I put on zagg and armor suit and both times the edges bubble up / come up and can't get them to go down with blow dryer or whatever. I don't know why this is happening !!

That is so odd, I have applied/taken off my Zagg HD's over 10x probably between 3 different watches and never have an issue with any of the four corners coming up. Maybe you are not being generous enough with the liquid spray. Turn the watch off and spray your fingertips, spray the watch face, spray the Zagg front/back generously (I do 3 sprays) and then just squeegee the excess out. I basically have a good amount of liquid on the top of the screen and underneath and no issues after drying it off. It takes a few hours to fully dry underneath but then all set.

If you are still having trouble I would reach out to Zagg on the HD they have been awesome with customer service with me always.

Last edited:

pleomorph

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
I was very pleased with my Armorsuit after I applied it, couldn't even tell it was on the watch. Then somehow a scratch appeared on it so I used the second one that it came with. Again it looked great after application. About a week later I found a large scratch on it. So within a month I went through both protectors due to scratches and I am very careful with my watch.

They do look great immediately after application but they simply are not durable at all. As for the replacement guarantee, it requires you to send the damaged protector to them. I was all set to do this but realized once the protector was off the watch it was really hard to see the scratch. So I just discarded it. On the second one it would be easier for them to see but I really don't want another one. I'm looking for an alternative, perhaps the Orzly Invisicase.

And for anyone that thinks it did it's job taking the scratch so the screen didn't have to: I've used many screen protectors before and never had one scratch so easily.

Overall I can't recommend this product.

I couldn't agree more with this post. I don't mean to brag, but I applied my Armorsuit perfectly... it looked great for a couple days. But I was cleaning and the watch brushed up against the PLASTIC portion of my mop and was permanently marked up. I waited a few days to see if it would "self heal" and it did not. Re-applying a new protector takes a good bit of time, so I switched to the Orzly Invisicase and I'm very happy with it. I'm sure it will scratch easily, too, but at least I can simply snap on a new one (you can pick up multiple generic ones fairly cheap on eBay; I can't tell the difference between the generics and the Orzly).

Reactions: caligurl

Fissure

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Bought the Monoy Slim Premium Snap On Case in PC Hard Clear. The design is really slick, as it covers not only the watch face, but most of the outer perimeter of the watch itself (less the dial, button, speaker and mic). Works great with no disruption to the touch screen. HOWEVER, mine arrived all scratched up and scuffed out of the box. Anyone else who got this have the same problem? I'm returning it for another, so I'll update with what I get.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XONVVZ8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

FYI - I bought this and it works fine as long as your not sweating.

Started mowing and within 10min sweat worked its way in between the watch and the cover rendering the touch interface useless. This isn't a cover if your going to use it for excercising.

I'll keep it but will look into a film screen protector as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.