Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silvermx5

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
The Spigen does NOT cover the curved parts of the glass, however, its comes pretty close. In fact, these are the only protectors which I have see which actually come as far as possible, before the screen actually starts to curve. Most protectors come WAY short of the glass (they are literally just a small horrible square), but the Spigen comes as close as possible.

I haven't tried the Zagg wet install ones however, I have used the Skinomi ones - which are pretty good (if you don't mind the 'orange peel' effect which ALL wet install protectors end up with).

Just installed Zagg to my AS AW2 that's just arrived. Great horrible instructions (lousy micro paper with instructions) Zagg website instructions of no use.
Wet install. The screen protector protects the whole screen plus the curved edges, it ends 2mm before the aluminium edge.

Reactions: Dino F

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA
Just installed some Armorsuit.

Very, very easy install. Watched the vid and it went smoothly.

Edges are holding down well. Will let it dry over night.

Very pleased with the results so far.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Logic: Buy durable device. Don't waste $14 on unnecessary purchase.

Everyone must be Trying to scratch their expensive watch right?

What was that word for those events that happen that you don't plan on? Oh yes, they are called Accidents.

I have the aluminium Series 2 and I'm in a job that means there's a chance it might get scratched, so I'd be a idiot not to put some protection on it. If I'm going out for a meal then sure I can take the case I have off it, but to say it's an unnecessary purchase in general even for those with the SS watch is a foolish comment. Especially for such a small amount of money.

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
Any recommendations for a screen protector when my series 2 AW is going to be in the water on a very regular basis? (I do aquatic PT)

jaypr

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2013
Any recommendations for a screen protector when my series 2 AW is going to be in the water on a very regular basis? (I do aquatic PT)

I got my AW2 on Friday and immediately put a Zagg InvisibleShield on it. I swim every weekday and after my first swim with the watch this morning the Zagg InvisibleShield has gone! No Idea where, probably still in the pool somewhere.

I don't think there's a way around this, I just don't think they'll ever stay on in the water. I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I got my AW2 on Friday and immediately put a Zagg InvisibleShield on it. I swim every weekday and after my first swim with the watch this morning the Zagg InvisibleShield has gone! No Idea where, probably still in the pool somewhere.

I don't think there's a way around this, I just don't think they'll ever stay on in the water. I hope someone can prove me wrong.

try an ArmorSuit HD Clear protector, ive been using one for over a year on my original apple watch 0 gen , i never used it in water but i think it would be fine in water too, please get it and let us know how it did in water, the zagg has been reported to come off even without water contact ,a medicore product at best. the ArmorSuit is the best protector for the apple watch

jaypr

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2013
try an ArmorSuit HD Clear protector, ive been using one for over a year on my original apple watch 0 gen , i never used it in water but i think it would be fine in water too, please get it and let us know how it did in water, the zagg has been reported to come off even without water contact ,a medicore product at best. the ArmorSuit is the best protector for the apple watch

I have looked at the ArmorSuit HD but i'm in the UK and it's not available here. Shipping from the US ArmourSuit website is $20 which is just crazy.

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA
Installed the armorsuit type film and it has been holding up very well after a month or so.

Install was easy. Can't really tell it's there unless really looking for it.

Would definitely recommend.

jonxwilliams

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
So I may be about to get my first Apple Watch and I want a full screen protector. My wife has had a Watch since the start of this year and she went through a lot of brands. Her biggest issue was the corners coming up after just a few weeks or even days.

Does anyone have some suggestions for brands that seem to be decent on staying attached all around the edges while still giving full screen protection?

Last edited:

Teon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2016
Put technical armor. Normal protection.
[doublepost=1478787835][/doublepost]
So I may be about to get my first Apple Watch and I want a full screen protector. My wife has had a Watch since the start of this year and she went through a lot of brands. Her biggest issue was the corners coming up after just a few weeks or even days.

Does anyone have some suggestions for brands that seem to be decent on staying attached all around the edges while still giving full screen protection?

Bbafett

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Georgia
I had Armor Suit initially but did not like how it held up at all after a few weeks. Would have impressions in the protector along with a small bubble that never went away after installation. Took it off and ordered Ghost Armor that i have on my ipad/phone. We will see how that one is in a few weeks.

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
My armor suit arrived today, hopefully I will like it! My watch does get wet fairly regularly so we'll see how it holds up.

Bbafett

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Georgia
I had Armor Suit initially but did not like how it held up at all after a few weeks. Would have impressions in the protector along with a small bubble that never went away after installation. Took it off and ordered Ghost Armor that i have on my ipad/phone. We will see how that one is in a few weeks.

Ghost Armor case friendly version is not good. Way too small and do not like the feel of the screen protector edge on screen when my finger runs across it. Going without a screen protector for now and plan on returning the ghost armor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.