Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idunn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
With the advent of Mountain Lion, Apple has apparently removed the option of "stretching" images to fill a MacBook Pro screen.

For instance, in Displays under System Preferences, in being able—formerly, as with Snow Leopard, and I believe Lion—to choose a resolution of 1024 x 768 (stretched) versus the standard (for many a MacBook Pro) 1280 x 800. This obviously resulted in slightly less resolution and a distorted or "stretched" image. Yet also in allowing 4:3 video to fill the entire screen without the vertical black bars on either side that would otherwise be visible.

In looking into this I see that a number of others have the same quandary, and, frankly, rightful complaint in the removal of a feature which worked perfectly fine. Not just for media either, but for some wishing to do the same with some games.

One poster on the Apple forum was supposedly informed by Apple that if receiving enough complaints it would see into rectifying this. They can expect to hear from me.

But in the meantime, in the event I am overlooking something, does a work around for this exist, or Apple provided a solution even now?

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.