Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
I've just been trying to screenshot some webpages and it didn't work. If I minimised safari, it works fine and snapshots the desktop, saving a file to the desktop, but if I maximise Safari and try again it makes the 'camera shutter' noise but doesn't save the file. Same using cmd-alt-s and pasting into a Word document.

Any ideas? Running latest official (not beta) version of 10.11.5 and it was working not so long ago.

Steeley

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2011
If you're trying to save a screenshot of the full webpage have you looked at the awesome screenshot safari extension? It's great for that.

If you're trying to screenshot the visible browser window try CMD+Shift+4 or for a select area try CMD+Shift+4+Space.

If none of those save to your desktop then I'd ask if you've got Dropbox installed because it'd save screenshots in the Dropbox folder.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
It's weird, as it's working fine on my iMac (same modified keyboard shortcut settings, so I don't need a number) with Safari either full screen or not. I do have Dropbox installed on both, but it'd not configured to save snapshots.

I'll checkout the extension though!

UPDATE

A reboot in the MBA has fixed the problem :D

Steeley

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2011
Maybe you've caused a conflict between your customised shortcuts and Safari's shortcuts then? Worth double checking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.