Scroll lag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sillyrabbitt, Jul 24, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

anyone experience a little scroll lag? got the i7 256gb 11" it seems choppy once in while.

anyway to fix that or anything known that would cause such a thing?

thanks

2. macrumors 604

ZBoater

Scroll lag where? I don't see it.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

i feel like it happens in firefox. when scrolling up or down a website but not all the time. on my mb if i whip my two fingers it will scroll from top to bottom but not on my MBA it stops or slows in the middle sometimes.

4. macrumors 6502

seepel

I was experiencing this when I first got my 11" MBA as well. I think it had to do with spotlight + data migration. Although my browser seems to be fine now the App Store is still laggy, I wonder if something funky is going on with WebKit or something.

5. macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

I had it and discovered that it was somehow due to my Air Display app that allowed me to extend my MacBook Air display to my iPad 2 over WiFi. I uninstalled the app and haven't had a single incident of scroll lag anymore... but I'm without my awesome extended desktop... for the time being. :cool:

6. macrumors regular

after i dl'ed lion, safari got slower!!!! + scroll lag.... firefox is still fast

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure what is causing mine. i feel like content on a webpage slows it down.

i will try it on a document or other programs where i can scroll and report back as well.

8. macrumors regular

Nice work, tbobm! I can confirm that Air Display Server does indeed make the MBA lag when put to sleep and woken again.