Scroll lag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sillyrabbitt, Jul 24, 2011.

1. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

Jan 28, 2009
    anyone experience a little scroll lag? got the i7 256gb 11" it seems choppy once in while.

anyway to fix that or anything known that would cause such a thing?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

Jul 2, 2007
    Sunny Florida
  3. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 28, 2009
    i feel like it happens in firefox. when scrolling up or down a website but not all the time. on my mb if i whip my two fingers it will scroll from top to bottom but not on my MBA it stops or slows in the middle sometimes.
  4. seepel macrumors 6502

Dec 22, 2009
    I was experiencing this when I first got my 11" MBA as well. I think it had to do with spotlight + data migration. Although my browser seems to be fine now the App Store is still laggy, I wonder if something funky is going on with WebKit or something.
  5. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

Jul 24, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I had it and discovered that it was somehow due to my Air Display app that allowed me to extend my MacBook Air display to my iPad 2 over WiFi. I uninstalled the app and haven't had a single incident of scroll lag anymore... but I'm without my awesome extended desktop... for the time being. :cool:
  6. dtblaze macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2010
    after i dl'ed lion, safari got slower!!!! + scroll lag.... firefox is still fast
  7. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 28, 2009

Not sure what is causing mine. i feel like content on a webpage slows it down.

i will try it on a document or other programs where i can scroll and report back as well.
  8. SBruv macrumors regular

Sep 25, 2008
    Nice work, tbobm! I can confirm that Air Display Server does indeed make the MBA lag when put to sleep and woken again.