Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danbalsh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2003
Hey folks,

Just upgraded to a M3 Air 15" from an M1 13", and the scrolling behaviour on the new machine is all over the place...

Two finger scrolling seems to work for a little bit then stops and I loose all momentum when scrolling down a site in Safari etc... - it's like it's not detecting I have two fingers on the trackpad anymore, mid-scroll.

Has anyone else experienced this?

za9ra22

Suspended
Sep 25, 2003
Also not my experience with a 15-inch MBA.

Two things to try just to nail down where this problem is coming from: firstly, try scrolling by dragging the scroll bar instead of two-fingers on the trackpad. If you get the same behavior, the problem is more likely to be coming from the system itself, not the hardware. If you have a mouse you can connect, try that to further isolate the problem, because if a mouse scrolls normally but the trackpad doesn't, the it's likely hardware.

Secondly, get someone else to try scrolling using a two-finger gesture on the trackpad. If they don't have this issue, it could be something simple as that the trackpad isn't correctly sensing your fingers. I noticed on my 13-inch M1 that it sometimes missed if my fingers were cold or unusually dry.

danbalsh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2003
Thanks, you could be onto something with the cold/dry hands... will keep this thread updated if I find anything out.

Torty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2013
No probs with scrolling or swiping. But pinch to zoom is horrible. Bad batch of MBAs? Software bug?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.