Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
Has anyone else noticed this?

The mute switch feels really sticky/mushy after I haven't used it. After flipping it back and forth or (more surprisingly) blowing/shooting compressed air in there, it works perfectly.... for a while! Then back to the mushy status. It still works as expected, it's not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if there's a more permanent fix for it.

Any tips?

vrflyer

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
Suburb of Columbus
Has anyone else noticed this?

The mute switch feels really sticky/mushy after I haven't used it. After flipping it back and forth or (more surprisingly) blowing/shooting compressed air in there, it works perfectly.... for a while! Then back to the mushy status. It still works as expected, it's not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if there's a more permanent fix for it.

Any tips?

Sounds like your switch is prone to dust & small fine lint. I recommend buying a dentist pick set if you cannot buy a single one & you'll be surprised how much collects into that area. My girlfriend's 6S kept getting stuck & I was able to remove a very thin layer of lint. I was very surprised!

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
Sounds like your switch is prone to dust & small fine lint. I recommend buying a dentist pick set if you cannot buy a single one & you'll be surprised how much collects into that area. My girlfriend's 6S kept getting stuck & I was able to remove a very thin layer of lint. I was very surprised!

Is that a permanent fix? I've only had the phone a few days so I'd be surprised if there was that much buildup!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.