Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robes1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2016
Anyone else having wifi issues using ios 9.3.2 or on a SE?

My new SE seems to have to a much weaker wifi signal compared to my old 5C (ios 7). I would of expected the SE to have better wifi than the older 5C, so I'm not sure if this is related to the SE hardware or if it has something to do with ios 9.3.2?

Basically it connects to my home wifi, but compared to my old 5C, the signal isn't as strong, it takes longer to connect, and the wifi range is rather narrow.

I have reset the network setthings, and have also rebooted my home router, but the problem still persists, so I'm leaning towards it being an issue in ios 9.3.2?

evamoree

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2016
Internet Router may not be suited to the different WiFi settings the SE has (and vice versa). It doesn't really help with the 5c only having iOS 7 so I cannot tell if this was the cause or simply the iOS version. If you still have the 5C can you update it?

Comparison copied from GSMarena and Apple:
iPhone SE: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
iPhone 5C: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)

robes1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2016
Internet Router may not be suited to the different WiFi settings the SE has (and vice versa). It doesn't really help with the 5c only having iOS 7 so I cannot tell if this was the cause or simply the iOS version. If you still have the 5C can you update it?

Comparison copied from GSMarena and Apple:
iPhone SE: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
iPhone 5C: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)

I'm afraid I don't have the 5C anymore to test.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.