Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
UK
i'm looking to upgrade my macbooks hard drive to 100 - 120 gig. i have noticed a lot of people recomending seagate drives. I was just wondering about what peoples experiences with these drives are and any other recomendations.

Also im running the standard 60 gig 5400rpm hd in my macbook and was wondring if 7200 rpm will make much of a noticiable speed increase

What are the good Uk sites for buying hard drives from as im not sure whether new egg delivers here

Cheers

Retired
May 16, 2006
i'm looking to upgrade my macbooks hard drive to 100 - 120 gig. i have noticed a lot of people recomending seagate drives. I was just wondering about what peoples experiences with these drives are and any other recomendations.

Also im running the standard 60 gig 5400rpm hd in my macbook and was wondring if 7200 rpm will make much of a noticiable speed increase

What are the good Uk sites for buying hard drives from as im not sure whether new egg delivers here

Cheers

This is what I ordered a few days ago

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.