Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amnichols10

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I have purchased a couple of season passes for tv shows on my :apple:tv. When new content becomes available some of the episodes download on the apple tv and some download from iTunes on my computer. They are both under the same account. Does anyone else have this problem?

dmm219

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
I have purchased a couple of season passes for tv shows on my :apple:tv. When new content becomes available some of the episodes download on the apple tv and some download from iTunes on my computer. They are both under the same account. Does anyone else have this problem?

Why is this a problem? you SHOULD end of up with copies of the show on both your computer and your ATV.

If your ATV downloads the file first, it will copy it back to your computer next time you sync. If your computer downloads the show first, it will copy it to the ATV the next time you sync.

amnichols10

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I don't really mean it as a problem. Just wanted to know if this is happening to anyone else. Not a problem at all.

Diveflo

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2008
yeah that's normal behavior. iTunes only allows one download, and it's kinda "first come, first served". If your ATV checks for new downloads before your PC/Mac does, it downloads the episode and your other machines will only be able to get these files via sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.