Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
i ordered a refurb macbook a few weeks ago took forever to get. when i got it i opened it up and there was a space above there the dvd drive was and the white bezel. the lcd had a similar gap as well.

called apple. they gave me a shipping slip. sent it back.

today JUST opened my new one, perhaps 10 minutes ago.

there is a large gap between the dvd and the white face that is on top of it. PLUS the 'N" key sticks hardcore.

to make matter worse the frist book they gave me had 1GB of ram. this one has what i paid for 512mb, it's not the same book.

do anyone else have this defect? am i beig a stickler about it? is it wrong for me to have the same expectations from a factory refurbished product as i do from a brand new one?

my last mac was a had me down. this is the first apple i've worked and paid for. i am very disappointed in apple.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
wyatt23 said:
to make matter worse the frist book they gave me had 1GB of ram. this one has what i paid for 512mb, it's not the same book.

do anyone else have this defect? am i beig a stickler about it? is it wrong for me to have the same expectations from a factory refurbished product as i do from a brand new one?

Wow, that's really stupid of them. If I were you, I would get on the phone with them immediately and start arguing. If the first rep doesn't get you what you want, as for their manager until things start happening.

You are NOT wrong to expect anything but the best from a refurb Mac. It is supposed to perform to the same specs as new models.

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
miles01110 said:
Wow, that's really stupid of them. If I were you, I would get on the phone with them immediately and start arguing. If the first rep doesn't get you what you want, as for their manager until things start happening.

You are NOT wrong to expect anything but the best from a refurb Mac. It is supposed to perform to the same specs as new models.

done. my macbook will be arriving tomorrow. tho arguing will get you nowhere. plus the guys on the phone, they didn't make the mistake. arguing with them is only going to ruin their day. plus it gives them a reason to put you on hold a little longer, be a little more attitudy with you. i'm nice as pie. i have a new computer tomorrow morning.

tho, there's a saying. all bad things come in threes lol.

blueflame

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2003
Studio City
iahd 4 macbooks, each one with a different problem. this is the only computer ive ever had problems with from apple, but ive had so many, i got one finally that i consider good enough for me to keep, but still has a flaw, the left hand side case if a little not as attatched, i dont know how to dscribe it, but its good nough and everyhitng works well so im keeping it
andreas
wyatt23 said:
i ordered a refurb macbook a few weeks ago took forever to get. when i got it i opened it up and there was a space above there the dvd drive was and the white bezel. the lcd had a similar gap as well.

called apple. they gave me a shipping slip. sent it back.

today JUST opened my new one, perhaps 10 minutes ago.

there is a large gap between the dvd and the white face that is on top of it. PLUS the 'N" key sticks hardcore.

my last mac was a had me down. this is the first apple i've worked and paid for. i am very disappointed in apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.