Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
BoxWave has something similar--the Manila iPad/iPad 2 Leather Envelope $30 from Amazon. Also the Evouni E09-0.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
BoxWave has something similar--the Manila iPad/iPad 2 Leather Envelope $30 from Amazon. Also the Evouni E09-0.

Thanks, I saw the boxwave sleeve, but not the evouni one. I really like the look of the padded mailer one though. Still hoping for something closer to the Undercover one.

amazonpam

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Wait a while

I did a goole search and this item seems to be only sold in Europe. But the same company makes a laptop version which is sold in the States in several places, so I think it will eventually land on these shores'

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I did a goole search and this item seems to be only sold in Europe. But the same company makes a laptop version which is sold in the States in several places, so I think it will eventually land on these shores'

I hope someone starts to carry it in the US. But by the time the do I will probably have found some other cool case I will want instead:D.

amazonpam

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Found it!!

Think Geek has it. They only show a picture of the laptop sleeve but under features describe the tablet version which you can select to buy.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Got the Secret Tablet Sleeve. It is what I wanted as far as looks, but it offers almost no padding for protection. A real bubble mailer envelope would have more padding, I should have purchased one and stuck my own Velcro on it.

It does have plenty of room to hold an iPad in a folio type case, then the padding would be less of a concern anyway.

SethKOne

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
Got the Secret Tablet Sleeve. It is what I wanted as far as looks, but it offers almost no padding for protection. A real bubble mailer envelope would have more padding, I should have purchased one and stuck my own Velcro on it.

It does have plenty of room to hold an iPad in a folio type case, then the padding would be less of a concern anyway.

I will admit to reading this thread and thinking "I don't get it". Are you trying to hide the fact that you have an iPad? It looks awkward to place and remove the iPad in it. Finally, as pointed out, why not use an actual Mailing envelope with minor modifications? This is not a knock, I just feel like I don't understand the "use case" here.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I will admit to reading this thread and thinking "I don't get it". Are you trying to hide the fact that you have an iPad? It looks awkward to place and remove the iPad in it. Finally, as pointed out, why not use an actual Mailing envelope with minor modifications? This is not a knock, I just feel like I don't understand the "use case" here.

Not really trying to hide it, I have a smart cover and a zagg leather skin on the back, I just like a simple sleeve to keep it clean in my car or in a bag and thought these looked cool. That's all:D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.