Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
The REAL question is WTF DOESN'T it have to do with this thread?!

Windows 7's taskbar is basically like the Dock now, you can launch stuff from it and so on, but yet again it's sooo far from being as good as the dock.

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
Meh... the apple fanboyism in this thread is astonishing.

Look, both Mac OS X and Windows OS are going towards the same direction, making the OS look more sparkly while also taking up more system requirements. Personally, I now prefer Windows as my OS. Windows XP, specifically, with the classic UI to make it look like Windows 95.

Windows 95-2000/ME will be the best consumer UI ever. It looks simple, looks great, is the easiest UI to navigate with, and it takes close to nothing on the system resources. Nothing compares to it.

From Windows 95-2000, Windows reigned supreme. From Mac OS X 10.2-10.4, Mac OS X reigned supreme.

I totally agree.

And anyone who thinks OS X is without it's GUI flaws must have amnesia and forgot about a certain theme called brushed metal. :p

IMO, the brushed metal theme is the second best Apple has produced, behind Platinum in OS 9. The brushed metal theme is one of the main reasons I wanted a Mac, and when I finally did get one, I was underwhelmed by Leopard's boringness. Leopard is more consistent, however.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
To mislead one has to make a false statement. I didn't make any
false statement. "Quite clever, I think" is not a false statement.

At no point did I claim it was an unedited screenshot of a taskbar.

If you assume it is, that's your fault.

Don't get me arguing philosophical BS. When someone tells you their name, you assume that to be the truth. In the same way, when someone shows you a picture, you assume that picture to be the truth. What you have done is broken that trust between yourself and the other person. You have used their trust to mislead them, which is knowingly propagating a lie.

Fake? How is it fake? That is what the icons would look like if you had the pointer highlighted over all of them.

You're arguing semantics over Taskbar icon colors, which is just retarded.

Actually, you too have fallen for the trap of assuming. The picture is what the icons would look like it the program they represent is trying to gain focus. If you simple hover the mouse over them, they are much less colorful.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
Also: Does 7 have a taskbar or not? When I used it 7 had more of a dock, there were no flat bars for individual windows.
Microsoft always offers a legacy view. The default Windows 7 taskbar is like the dock with just the icon.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Yeh I wunna strike upon the head the person that said "hey, now that every mac in our lineup is going to be metal, wouldn't it make sense to drop the metal theme?"

I'd like just one thing, optional themes supported by Apple!

As for the argument MacOS requires more resources to have pretty effects, ONE, if you pay attention you realize it ISN'T all gussied. The only difference is the color scheme, nothing advanced. With effects like stacks and expose, with OpenGL this stuff is SUPER light on any system.

Sys Reqs.

-Vista (Considered "capable" of running Vista)
CPU: 800mhz
Memory: 512mb
Disk Space: 15gb

-Leopard
CPU: Not actually known as it only says it supports ANY intel Mac, the lowest being 1.5ghz, or a PowerPC 867mhz or higher.
Memory: 512mb
Disk Space: 9gb

CPU: 1ghz
Memory: 1gb or 2gb for 64-bit
Disk Space: 16gb or 20gb for 64-bit

-Snow Leopard
CPU: Not actually known as it only says it supports ANY intel Mac, the lowest being 1.5ghz.
Memory: 1gb
Disk Space: 5gb

Let's not forget, if you're running Windows Vista or 7 on a low-end machine it has to cripple the OS, I guess to make it look good on paper. Scheming @#$%&

Also, if you are a Mac user, when time comes to upgrade to Snow Leopard the ONLY questions you have to ask is "Is it intel? Do we haz 1gb of ram?" So simple.

kevin j

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2009
^^^^^ WTF does that have to do with the thread?

Also: Does 7 have a taskbar or not? When I used it 7 had more of a dock, there were no flat bars for individual windows.

You edit it in the taskbar properties (right click) by adding labels. You can change the size as well.

"Let's not forget, if you're running Windows Vista or 7 on a low-end machine it has to cripple the OS, I guess to make it look good on paper. Scheming @#$%&"

What???

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
I have to agree that the Mac fanboyism is rampant in this thread. I am a 90% Mac user only booting into Windows to play games but I am not so easily mislead into thinking Windows 7 is crap. I used the MSDN version for a while just to see how it is and I don't have much complaints about it. It even runs pretty well on 512MB ram. I won't be switching to it but I won't bash it either. It is a solid OS.

beg_ne

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2003
Guys, we're using the platform that invented the 'lickable' interface. Let's not get too cocky.

That's fair, the pinstripes and aqua buttons were really too much in early version of OS X.

BUT! It's gotten better with every version of OS X. What's Windows excuse for getting WORSE? :D

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
This thread started off on iffy grounds and hasn't gone very far, so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.