Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I think there are some earlier in this thread with comparisons of this case with other cases as well.
Found em, thanks.

Anyone use speakerphone or Siri with this case? Just wondering how well it picks up voice from outside the case.

Cubano21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Found em, thanks.

Anyone use speakerphone or Siri with this case? Just wondering how well it picks up voice from outside the case.

I do a lot, and it picks up your voice just fine. This was a problem I had with my LP case, it was like I had to hold the case right to my mouth. With the Obex I can hold a few feet away.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Got my case in the mail today. I have another question for you guys. When you open the mute button flap, do you find it really hard to get it seated again in the hole?

Also, does your red o-ring ever come loose? Mine was basically half off when I opened the case after water testing it.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
Got my case in the mail today. I have another question for you guys. When you open the mute button flap, do you find it really hard to get it seated again in the hole?

Also, does your red o-ring ever come loose? Mine was basically half off when I opened the case after water testing it.

Have not had any problem with either, I do have trouble getting to the mute switch since I have large fingers so I have had to learn how to mute without the switch.

Here is how I learned to mute without the switch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-4w--nQrn4

BossTone74

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
RMAing mine, the sound is ****. I can't here people correctly, Im get complaints people can't hear me correctly.

I'll get the new one...then beg for a refund unless its a HUGE improvment

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Hopefully other companies can figure these problems that lifeproof and seidio have with their water proof cases.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I'm having another problem. I already sent them an email to get a replacement. The case isn't staying latched near the coin opening slot. Anyone else ever have that problem?

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
I'm having another problem. I already sent them an email to get a replacement. The case isn't staying latched near the coin opening slot. Anyone else ever have that problem?

I haven't encountered that problem yet. I've only taken the phone out of the case two times so far. I can see this being my case for daily use until the Otterbox Armor series or Incipio Atlas is released. Of course I will be keeping this case. The only issue I have so far is the mute switch. Otherwise everything else has been perfect.

I didn't encounter any issues with the earpiece and I rarely use the speakerphone (I use a Bluetooth headset and JBL Bluetooth speaker most of the time).

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida

Tons of us have had this problem. It is why many have sent it back. I have not sent mine back yet, but will be soon to Amazon. I have not decided if I will give it another shot or not with a replacement.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I too had the right bottom not clicking closed by the coin insert. I opted for a RMA for a replacement but Seidio wanted to refund me instead lol...:confused:

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
I too had the right bottom not clicking closed by the coin insert. I opted for a RMA for a replacement but Seidio wanted to refund me instead lol...:confused:

Maybe they know many cases are like this and can't figure out why it wont close the whole way, hence why just the refund rather than send a replacement.

Last edited:

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Maybe they know many are like this and can't figure out why hence why just the refund rather than send a replacement.

I've had Seidio cases for years and spend hundreds with them between our 3 iPhones. Might have just been a misunderstanding but really doesn't matter to me. And what exactly did you mean by "many are like this"? That seemed a little narrow minded...:rolleyes:

*** Maybe I just read your post wrong and you were referring to the case lol!

Last edited:

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
I've had Seidio cases for years and spend hundreds with them between our 3 iPhones. When I order from the website I get a automatic 15% off... Might have just been a misunderstanding but really doesn't matter to me. And what exactly did you mean by "many are like this"? That seemed a little narrow minded...:rolleyes:

*** Maybe I just read your post wrong and you were referring to the case lol!

I was referring to the case not closing properly in the one corner. My response was not aimed at you directly if that is what you thought. Just from reading this thread it seems there are a few people having the same issue where the case does not close the whole way.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I was referring to the case not closing properly in the one corner. My response was not aimed at you directly if that is what you thought. Just from reading this thread it seems there are a few people having the same issue where the case does not close the whole way.

Yea I re read and got that lol. 6th 12 hour graveyard shift is getting to me...

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I'm sure this sounds too stupid to try, but has anyone done a really gentle water test with the phone in the case (if you have one that isn't clicking closed all the way near the coin slot)?
I might try it just to see if a tiny bit of water gets in or not. It'll be on the side so it shouldn't get into any ports.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I'm sure this sounds too stupid to try, but has anyone done a really gentle water test with the phone in the case (if you have one that isn't clicking closed all the way near the coin slot)?
I might try it just to see if a tiny bit of water gets in or not. It'll be on the side so it shouldn't get into any ports.

I tried taking it in the shower like this, but I would not try a full submersion. I don't trust it enough. I am in the process of returning mine to Amazon and they are sending me a replacement. If this one does the same thing, I am going to have to forget about this case and hope that the Atlas does it better. Only bad thing about the Atlas is that I have heard rumors that they have likely delayed the launch of this case till who knows when. :(

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I tried taking it in the shower like this, but I would not try a full submersion. I don't trust it enough. I am in the process of returning mine to Amazon and they are sending me a replacement. If this one does the same thing, I am going to have to forget about this case and hope that the Atlas does it better. Only bad thing about the Atlas is that I have heard rumors that they have likely delayed the launch of this case till who knows when. :(

Cool, thanks for the response. I just did a quick sink spray all over the front, back and sides. Took the case apart and didn't have any water anywhere. I'm not going swimming with this case, so I think it'll be ok til I get my replacement or refund. I just want it to be proofed from drink spills and maybe a quick dunk in the sink or something if my son throws it somewhere its not supposed to be.

----------

(Quoting myself)... I think it's a small alignment problem. I tried unlatching the charging door cover and clicking the corner back in place. Then holding the corner closed, close the charging door. It seems to stay latched this way. I don't know if it'll hold though.

vajeff

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2011
Cool, thanks for the response. I just did a quick sink spray all over the front, back and sides. Took the case apart and didn't have any water anywhere. I'm not going swimming with this case, so I think it'll be ok til I get my replacement or refund. I just want it to be proofed from drink spills and maybe a quick dunk in the sink or something if my son throws it somewhere its not supposed to be.

----------

(Quoting myself)... I think it's a small alignment problem. I tried unlatching the charging door cover and clicking the corner back in place. Then holding the corner closed, close the charging door. It seems to stay latched this way. I don't know if it'll hold though.

I have had it under running water with no issue.

My guess, and only a guess, is that it more than likely is fine due to the way the gasket is on the case. The gasket lines up with the side of the case when you slide the two pieces together (back piece sliding over gasket of front piece). This alone should create the water tight seal.

The LP Fre and prior LP cases requires the case to snap shut because the gasket seals the case when the lip of the front is closed on the gasket of the back piece.

Not sure if my explanation is understandable or not? In my opinion the gasket design of the Obex is a better design to keep water out.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I have had it under running water with no issue.

My guess, and only a guess, is that it more than likely is fine due to the way the gasket is on the case. The gasket lines up with the side of the case when you slide the two pieces together (back piece sliding over gasket of front piece). This alone should create the water tight seal.

The LP Fre and prior LP cases requires the case to snap shut because the gasket seals the case when the lip of the front is closed on the gasket of the back piece.

Not sure if my explanation is understandable or not? In my opinion the gasket design of the Obex is a better design to keep water out.

I understand exactly what you're saying. I was thinking the exact same thing.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I got my replacement case today from Amazon. Good thing is that this time it came with the extra port covers, which my first one didn't. Bad thing, there's still that gap in the bottom right hand corner where no matter what I try, it will not stay securely "locked in place" with those little tabs. I just don't like that and so this one will go back too. Maybe Seidio will fix this in future versions, but for now this one is a no go for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.