Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I took my Powerbook to the Apple Store for the problem I have in this thread and the genius said it would need to be sent away to have the keyboard replaced. Since I need my PB a lot for the next couple weeks, I declinded, as this is a problem I can live with temporarily. He gave me a case number, and said I can either drop my PB off at the Apple Store when ready, or call AppleCare, give them the case number, and they'll send out a box for me to send it back. Since the Apple Store is in St. Louis's busiest mall and it's a couple weeks before xmas, it's obvious what I'm gonna do.

I've never sent anything back for repair though. How does this work? Do I have to pay for any of the shipping? Is it overnight shipping or ground? Thanks.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
yg17 said:
I've never sent anything back for repair though. How does this work? Do I have to pay for any of the shipping? Is it overnight shipping or ground? Thanks.

As long as your still covered by Applecare, Apple will ship a box to you to safely send your machine to their repair facility. It is a prepaid shipping box, so you never have to worry about paying for shipping.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Who does Apple ship with, and can they tell the shipper to leave the Powerbook at the hub for me to pick it up? UPS, Fedex and DHL always leave packages even if no one is home, because I live in a pretty safe neighborhood. But I don't care how safe it is, I don't want a $2,000 laptop sitting outside for hours

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.