Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawsinio

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2006
UK
Hi all,

Ive just configured my gmail and univeristy email accounts in Mail.app. However, all the emails show up in one inbox. Is there anyway I can separate the two? Perhaps have a folder on the side, which I can then click and just view messages from that address? It's beginning to get a bit confusing!

Many thanks,

shawsinio

[edit] Sorry, forgot to ask, new gmail messages won't show up in mail! Basically, it has most messages from my inbox, but some newer ones just arn't there, even after telling it to 'get mail' and colsind it down and re-starting it, im really not sure why it would pick up some messages and not others?!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
In the Sidebar of Mail, I have a sideways triangle to the left of my "Inbox" listing. Clicking on that expands the Inbox to show individual inboxes for each of my accounts. Do you not have that?

Picture 2.png

shawsinio

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2006
UK
OK, now i feel really stupid, thanks wildcowboy! I'm just testing out both Thunderbird and Mail, seeing which one I like, and I'll stick to it. It's great to not have to open up Firefox, go to Gmail etc to check my emails, I can just click on Mail or Thunderbird, can't believe I havn't used either earlier!

Thanks again,

shawsinio

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.