Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
Just got an iMac, where is the serial number lcated? I need to find it to send in my applecare warranty.

I got applecare with the iMac, can wait until the origional warranty runs out on my mac and then send it in? Don't you get a year with the mac without applecare? So if I wait until like December can I still get 3 more years of protection?

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
Click the apple logo on the menu bar and go to "about this mac"

Underneat "Mac OS X" it should say what OS version you're using. Click on that twice and it will change to the serial number.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
cgratti said:
Just got an iMac, where is the serial number lcated? I need to find it to send in my applecare warranty.

I got applecare with the iMac, can wait until the origional warranty runs out on my mac and then send it in? Don't you get a year with the mac without applecare? So if I wait until like December can I still get 3 more years of protection?

A new Mac comes with 1 year of service and 90 days phone support. AppleCare will provide 2 additional years of service and phone support for its duration, waiting will not get you any longer coverage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.