Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple watch to get

• Total voters

sam19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Bath,England
Hi Everyone,

My partner has said she wants to get me an apple watch for my birthday or christmas. I'm a massive apple fan and have had most apple macbooks and iphone since they came out. also had multiple ipods and other apple devices. All my previous sdevices iv paid for myself so have always gone for the higher if not top spec.

But my dilemma is now i have it being bought as a gift i feel very guilty asking for the higher spec or the latest series 2 without a valid reason.

so im looking for some help from you guys. I want to know if the series 2 actually has better battery life. i will be using the watch day to day for work and gym. i always have my phone so the GPS isnt something that i need but the waterproofing of the series 2 makes it much more attractable.

So please help!!

thank you in advance
Sam

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The Series 2 actually has the same battery life as the first Gen Watch. The Series 2 also has GPS for running and added water resistance for swimming, also with a brighter screen. Those are the major differences between the First Gen Watch and Series 2.

The first Gen Watch, being they look exactly the same is heavily discounted right now as well, that is if your not interested in the other features mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.