Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveOooo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
UK
I have a series of .png still images of text with each still having a slight reflection on different parts of the text.

In motion, the stills come up as a 'PNG Sequence' (1sec1frame) when imported to the timeline, the text is animated, but id want to extend this animation to 3+ secs - just duplicating results in a 'dink' where one dupe stops and the other starts.

I have motion 4 and after FX CS5 though im more experienced with motion (prefer to do this in motion) - there are 25 still frames

SatyMahajan

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Cambridge, MA
I have a series of .png still images of text with each still having a slight reflection on different parts of the text.

In motion, the stills come up as a 'PNG Sequence' (1sec1frame) when imported to the timeline, the text is animated, but id want to extend this animation to 3+ secs - just duplicating results in a 'dink' where one dupe stops and the other starts.

I have motion 4 and after FX CS5 though im more experienced with motion (prefer to do this in motion) - there are 25 still frames

Easy in both Motion and AE.

In Motion 4:

1. Import your PNG sequence into a Group.
2. Open the layers panel if it's not open (Command-4)
3. Select the sequence in the layers panel.
4. Open the Inspector and go over to the Properties panel.
5. Twirl down the Timing section if it's not up.
6. Where it says Speed, lower the speed until it hits the desired length of time you're looking for.
7. Helps to have the timeline up (command-7).

Let me know if you need further help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.