Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I never had a problem with Apple maps in the US. I would download the google nav app though as a back up just in case.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'm driving 2000 miles Wednesday, first time I'm using a map app in 2 years(used navigon had no problems) . I remember all this trash talk about apple maps...is it really that bad? I plan on using my iphone to guide me home...Is it really that much worse than google maps app?

No, not really. The map data had some POI issues and some weird bad data issues but a lot of that has been improved by leaps and bounds. Unless you are planning to use tiny back roads rather than the major road ways, you will likely be fine

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
If using Apple maps go by address not business/hotel/resort name. I used it really quick today to get around a traffic jam by saying my companies name.

Red pin was where it want to take me, purple pin (I dropped for this example) was where I needed to go.

putyda7y.jpg

Using the address its spot on but Siri is terrible at understanding names, road names included. So I said the business name and she got it but the POI is WAY off (20+ miles).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.